Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

cause of work restraints and christmas training may be a bit sqewed this week, im gonna test my 1rm in squats barefoot today because im not sure if ill be able to squat on sathurday and im working sunday, and i just wanna be able to say i did something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

cause of work restraints and christmas training may be a bit sqewed this week, im gonna test my 1rm in squats barefoot today because im not sure if ill be able to squat on sathurday and im working sunday, and i just wanna be able to say i did something.

Why are you doing it;

FootCloseupBottom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I agree with hanley... you're an oddball with regards to changing footwear, stance and bar position mid session.... what's the reasoning behind it.

cause i still have no clue what works for me? i dont wanna commit to anything until i know im definitly better at it than something else...

doesnt matter anyway, fell of my bike and my right quads pretty sore, gonna take the sign and get some rest, bench tommorow , woo. and i believe i made a mistake in that post, meant converse :P

Bench
    5 x 57.5kg
    3 x 65kg
    13 x 70kg BOOM BIG PR!
    80kg x 5 seeing as its christmas and all :P

BOR Dbs
    22.5kg x 10
    37.5kg x 12
    37.5kg x 12
    37.5kg x 12

CGBP
    55KG X 20 2.5kg up from last week

Preacher curls
    25kg x 7

Tricep pushdowns
    55 x 8
    65 x 8
    75 x 8 x 2 these where done on the inaccurate weight stack, no idea of real weight

OH tricep extensions with ez curl bar
    15kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 8

Thoughts:
    classifying today as teh day i went from sh1t to suck. onwards to elite now :P

Bench was fun, the 80kg was really easy, the reps where paused for about .5seconds

rows had good form, so did CGBP

tricep isolation was done because i had to kill some time, good session

some cork guy called me a beast after my last set on bench, i was well chuffed!

im still waiting for my grip to go on Bent over rows, but i dont think its ever gonna happen lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Great benching and rowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

cause i still have no clue what works for me? i dont wanna commit to anything until i know im definitly better at it than something else...

doesnt matter anyway, fell of my bike and my right quads pretty sore, gonna take the sign and get some rest, bench tommorow , woo. and i believe i made a mistake in that post, meant converse :P

Well you know you can't lift in socks in competition (i think..) so shouldn't you train like you're gonna compete?

i meant converse, basically just flat sole like.

101KG.jpg

BAM!

in pretty heavy cargo shorts and a t-shirt, id probably be 101 without em, probably 100kg weight then in the morning. epic fun bulk tho!

101KG.jpg

BAM!

in pretty heavy cargo shorts and a t-shirt, id probably be 101 without em, probably 100kg weight then in the morning. epic fun bulk tho!

So you're significantly fatter than me now. Sting.

• Advertisement

thats a compliment, that was always the goal, i wont be stronger than you, but ill be fatter, and thats half the battle :D

Absolutly freaking pissed atm, cycled up to the gym in the freezing cold, almost fell twice on the ice, got up to the gym after 35minutes, ****ers closed it, thanks for ****ing telling me you ****ing pieces of ****ing god damn ****ing ****

well tomorow morning im gonna do my last day of 5.3.1 before the single lifts, its the last day of a cycle so i may as well recalibrate it after the comp,

im gonna do my openers next week at some stage then ill play it by there until the big day.

just a quick question that i tried to ask hanley a while ago but completely failed at, For anyone whose a competing in jan.

Im a member of the idfpa i sent away the fee and form and got an email back,

now to compete in the single lifts to i send away another thing or do i pay at the door or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

just a quick question that i tried to ask hanley a while ago but completely failed at, For anyone whose a competing in jan.

now to compete in the single lifts to i send away another thing or do i pay at the door or something?

Jeez, i must get onto sorting this out myself actually. How much is membership?

30-50 i think, you might wanna get a move on man, took me two weeks to get it sorted out, dl the membership form from the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

What height are u again cardio? 100kg - u is officially a fat bastard! Im very proud.

I thought I answered that question when I said you need to send your entry form ahead of time and can usually pay on the day of the comp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Hanley wrote: »
    I thought I answered that question when I said you need to send your entry form ahead of time and can usually pay on the day of the comp?

am i right that you can join the idfpa on the day too. so all you have to do now is send the the entry form before 13 january.

bigstar wrote: »
    am i right that you can join the idfpa on the day too. so all you have to do now is send the the entry form before 13 january.

Normally Anita asks for a postal order to be sent with the membership form tbh, and that's what I always do. Best bet is to email her directly and ask.

AFAIK you have to be a memeber of the fed before you can enter competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

well tomorow morning im gonna do my last day of 5.3.1 before the single lifts, its the last day of a cycle so i may as well recalibrate it after the comp,

im gonna do my openers next week at some stage then ill play it by there until the big day.

why are you stopping the 5/3/1 so far out from the single lifts?

what will you be doing in the run up to the competition instead?

I'm going to be running cycle 7 into the single lifts.
    I'm not changing my training for the competition at all.
    I think that continuing with a training programme that is working for you and making you stronger is more important than your 1st competition.

im just finished a cycle, i have to hit all my openers, and i want a week of pretty much resting some light work to keep the blood running,

ill pick it up after when i recalibrate, relax :P

d-gal wrote: »
    What height are u again cardio? 100kg - u is officially a fat bastard! Im very proud.

i believe im 6 ft 4 or 6ft 3,

i was 99 this morning which is pretty cool with me :)

Squats:
    5 x 82.5kg
    3 x 92.5kg (belt on)
    105kg x 7 beautiful :P tank wasnt empty :)

Good mornings!
    20 x 5
    40 x 5
    45 x 5
    47.5 x 5
    50 x 8
    52.5 x 3 and then my abbs wanted to jump out and rip my throat out...

Close grip pull ups
    x5

Cable twist things? each side
    27.5kg x 8
    30kg x 12
    30kg x 12
    32.5kg x 12 ill try find a vid of these, pretty awesome.

Thoughts:
    really good day, i started talkin to this guy with an inzer leaver belt and he was doing 5/3/1 aswell! he was out at the wendler seminar, small world, really nice guy and he knows some people competin in jan aswell

Squats where pretty damn epic, since i havent been in the gym in a while ive been spending about 20 minutes a day with a broom trying to breath into my stomach, im getting there! breath was about 70 % stomach today.

Good mornings where pretty cool, i was way stronger at them when breathing into my stomach, the 52.5kgs where feeling a bit iffy on depth so i decided not to push it. good session tho, next session will be on sunday i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

What are the planned openers man??

hmm, really not too sure,

was thinking
    120 for squat
    170 for deadlift
    85 for bench
    they are all numbers i know i can hit like, and if i dont get anything else it means its a 375 total, which would make me pretty happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

was thinking
    120 for squat
    170 for deadlift
    85 for bench
    they are all numbers i know i can hit like, and if i dont get anything else it means its a 375 total, which would make me pretty happy :)

Yeah I think you will easily hit them.. your deadlift sickens me..I really need to bring mine up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

was thinking
    120 for squat
    170 for deadlift
    85 for bench

those numbers sound good.
    id say you'll get more than that in lifts 2 and 3 in each section.

Ill be going for the following openers
    140 squat
    95 bench
    175 deadlift

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

This is gonna become an epic log, imagine what you will be pulling by the time your 20 :eek: just stay injury free and stop falling of that fecking bike:pac:

Advertisement