Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Why are you doing hang cleans instead of full cleans?
    To get the movement down?
    Purely out of curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

and now im going rock climbing in ucd!

Wash your hands afterwards! I used to rock climb a fair bit (both outdoor and indoor) and found UCD was the only place that mangled my hands on the grips. Had to wash and moisturise them afterwards while other places would be fine.

And yes, I said moisturise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Well done in the comp :) You sounded like you were totally buzzing from it in that vid!

Kudos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

cheers! i was back 15 minutes at that stage :P. btw any comments on the hang clean? and im doing them from teh hang position because i figure getting the first pull will be easy enough, but i wanna have the hard part as instinct when i do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You still need to extend better. You need to get "straight" to get max power out of it. My power clean form's not perfect, but go check out mine in slow-mo. Legs and hips totally straight as I shrug.

Rack needs to be quicker too... but this is all stuff we talked about already ;)

Just keep working.

• Advertisement

got back from rock climbing around half 11 last night, i had left my house at half 6 .

was in the gym a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes today,

school gym:
    Loads of power cleans at 50kg (working in with someone who was benchin)

inverted rows, pull ups, chin ups,

hammer curls, and 21s.

TF

Deadlift, day 2 week 1 month 1 ,re-calb max.

Deadlift:
    122.5kg x 5 no belt
    130kg x 5 belt loose
    137.5kg x 5 belt tight (Sldl)
    technically a stiffleg, form was way off today, i was planning on leaving it at 5 anyway regardless, but id have been hardpressed getting 6 anyway

Sumos:
    3 x 3 @90kg, really happy with my sumo form atm, getting much better at keeping the hips low, form on these where better than my actual deadlifts today

Good Mornings:
    47.5kg 5x5 (stupid combat shorts where in my way on set 1. rolled them up for the rest.

tried a power clean at 40kg but i was too tired to remember my cues, left it at that, there was some squats with that 47.5kg bar aswell but i cant remember when.

The plan for the rest of the week is bench tomorow and squat thursday, then have 3 days off for a good run at week 2.

in other news, banana flavor whey is freaking awesome!

Dude... same time, same place tomorrow? I'll be up to do Frun. I'm scared already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Not bad for the hang cleans, good start to it. Get a video of you from the side with even lighter weight (maybe 40kg or so) and I'll give you as much analysis as possible.
    One obvious note is that your leaning to far forward for your hang clean, no need for it, your shoulders should be barely over the bar, you need to be straighter a lot quicker, hangs are a short snappy movement. Try and be nice and quick with each rep, it's a complete power movement, you give it 100% in each rep.
    Keep at it!

yea hanley, ill probably text ya now, half 7 abouts? im doing bench tonight, the weight looks so freaking easy atm.

Bench
    60 x 5
    62.5 x 5
    67.5 x 11 (easy ish, could have gotten 12 or 13)
    close grip,
    80 x 1.5 ( bar got pulled off me on the 2nd rep, got out of my groove completely.

Bent over row dbs
    35 x 8 x 3 per arm easy peezy

Drum roll.... Low bar squats!
    Warm ups,
    70 x 3
    80 x 2
    90 x 1 x 3
    100 x 1 x9-10 :P all beltless.

Good fun session, first time ive ever succeeded with low bar squats, it turns out ive had the bar position right but i had never rolled forward my elbows so it didnt sit right, gonna do my warm ups and stuff low bar and then eventually switch over to low bar, cause these singles felt piss.

• Advertisement

SQWAAAATS!
    5 x 88
    5 x 95, belt on
    7 x 100 all low bar up to here
    110 x 2 high bar
    110 x 1 low bar
    120 x 1 low bar
    125 x 1 low bar

bye bye high bar, low bar was waaay more steady, felt good. The 125 was pretty damn easy, felt really steady, and that was after 16 reps at high weight, so im pretty confident im able for 130+ on low bar.

only problem i have with it atm is on the 100 kg set my elbows and wrists where fried by the end of it. i may switch to a high set, low rep programme for squats soon enough. we will see how it goes next week.

Good mornings:
    45 x 5 x 2 tried two reps low bar, wasnt as good,

Dan john Press outs.
    45kg x 7, felt cool

meant to do bat wings but ran out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Great squating.

With the pressouts, are your standing, or are you sitting/kneeling in the power rack. I would imagine the second option wud be best allowing you to easily leave the bar on the pins.

really need help with my squats:mad:

standing.

FFS what are you doing maxing out on squats???!??!!?!? take it easy you jackass!!

And press outs and bat wings... copycat.

it wasnt a max tho! it was just a bit of fun, i enjoy squatting so i figure the best way for a big squat is to squat more :P, not to mention i really wasnt arsed leavin the rack and i was getting the hang of low bar.

it wasnt a max tho! it was just a bit of fun, i enjoy squatting so i figure the best way for a big squat is to squat more :P, not to mention i really wasnt arsed leavin the rack and i was getting the hang of low bar.

You've been listening to me way too much... Ya need to keep an eye on intensity if you're gonna do that.

well im off training for the next 3 days, ill get a good power nap in then

tomoros a bit hit or miss on the training,there are 3 possible scenarios:

Bench
    Military press
    or a back and bicep session.

reason being some scum bag left a burnt out motor bike in the middle of a foot path on sathurday night, a footpath with no street lights whatsoever, cue me milling into it and landing on my left wrist. not broken nor sprained, but wrist wraps can only do so good methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

tomoros a bit hit or miss on the training,there are 3 possible scenarios:

Bench
    Military press
    or a back and bicep session.

reason being some scum bag left a burnt out motor bike in the middle of a foot path on sathurday night, a footpath with no street lights whatsoever, cue me milling into it and landing on my left wrist. not broken nor sprained, but wrist wraps can only do so good methinks.

would you ever cop on and throw away that fucking bike!!

i was jogging technically

edit:removed caps:

• Advertisement

Beast of a session today

Military Press:
    42.5 x 3
    45 x 3
    50 x 9 all to chest.

Incline Dumbells:
    32.5kg x 8 x 3

Incline skull crushers
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 10
    40kg x 8

Trap bar deadlifts :D
    bar x 5
    bar +50kg x 2
    bar +100kg x 1
    bar +140kg x 1
    bar +150kg x 1 all beltless

Thoughts:
    grand session, shoulder and wrists where grand, had to use a thumbless grip on skulls and Mp but they felt fine.
    military press strength isnt down much at all, even tho ROM is up by about 4 inches.

dumbell press is a pb of 1 rep per set

first time ive ever done trap bar deadlifts, also the first time ive ever seen a trap bar IRL.
    they felt mad cool, the high bar height coupled with my long arms make them damn easy!
    i have no clue what the bar weighs but the last rep was easy. id say with a belt im good for the bar +190

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i have no clue what the bar weighs
    If there is a scales in the place stand on it, then pick up the bar and figure it out. For rough estimates in work I do curls with the objects! if I can do 5 curls with a box and usuaully 5 curls with 45kg I know the box is probably about 35-40kg, lifting less due to awkwardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Great session cardio, have never used the trap bar myself but would love a go on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

The trap bar weighs 25kg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Nice pressing - youve made good progress with them - you could probably knock out a few reps at 60kg now

Still trying to figure out how you managed to run into a stationary motorbike tho :confused:

the bike was on its side burnt out, on a path, in the dark, i was joggin back from a friends house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

COH wrote: »
    The trap bar weighs 25kg

Trap bar weighs 20kgs.

Trev, COH works there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Trap bar weighs 20kgs.

25kg chief, its this one...

http://www.irish-lifting.com/shrug-hex-bar-pe-235.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Trev, COH works there :)

I've double checked it on a few websites and they all say 20kgs. Hell if it's 25kgs I ain't complaining, all my lifts have gone up by 5kgs :D

Advertisement