Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

COH wrote: »

I stand corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Beast of a session today

Fair play mister, sorry I missed ya! Was late in, was well nearer 6.30 by the time I got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

well my times are going to be pretty early :), monday thursday friday is gonna be around 3:40
    tuesday around 2:15 and then if im trainin on the weekend itl probably be the mornin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You in RAW now? Might see ya in there at some point so!

i am indeed

• Advertisement

Deadlifts:
    3 x 130
    3 x 137.5 Tight belt
    7 x 145 Loose Belt
    70kg x 3 +50kg of chains
    70kg x 1 +50kg of chains doubled over, that failed they rolled off.
    tried some while elevated, still failed they arent hard at all.

Sumos:
    70kg x 3
    90kg x 3
    100kg x3
    hanging abb raises by 5 off straps
    110kg x 3
    120kg x 3
    130kg x 2
    140kg x 2
    abb raises off straps again x 5
    150 x 1
    160 x 1 But it was hitched. all these where beltless.
    i will get that fresh!!!!

Inverted rows-rings
    Push ups on rings, with feet slightly below rings
    Inverted rows-rings
    Push ups on rings, same setup as before
    Inverted rows-rings
    x8
    Inverted rows on rings, feet level with rings.
    got my balance on this set and got 10

Thoughts:
    best session in a long time, i was very energetic, between every set i either did some pull ups or snatches with a 20kg kettle bell. i was really warmed up for my deads aswell.

ive got to put on about 4kg now because ive just gotten to fat for my belt, and the next notch out is sooo lose. when breathing into my stomach i couldnt get my abs to reach the belt so there was like nothing to brace against.

the 160kg sumo is there, but id attempted it after quite alot of work. id say i could get a 170 beltless.

its also teh first time ive ever had to hitch a lift, feels really weird, i powered it off the floor and then it just stopped, none of my muscles felt like they where working but it wouldnt lock out! i assume upper back strength would help this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Am i the only one that thinks setting deadlifts with an ab exercise is bordering on retarded??

Good work tho!!

i was just so freaking restless! i was siting down between my sets and i said to myself " im freakin bored" so i went and did some stuff and walked around a bit!

i also thought i saw transform with a haircut so i went ask asked, wasnt him tho :D

Sumos:

160 x 1 But it was hitched. all these where beltless.
    i will get that fresh!!!!

its also teh first time ive ever had to hitch a lift, feels really weird, i powered it off the floor and then it just stopped, none of my muscles felt like they where working but it wouldnt lock out! i assume upper back strength would help this?

Not sure what you mean by 'hitch' but the same thing happened with me with 90kg on the DL, got it up to waist level no prob but then I just couldn't straighten my back out fully.. it's sooo frustrating! argghh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Am i the only one that thinks setting deadlifts with an ab exercise is bordering on retarded?

Its up there on doing zerchers with a bad back tbh! Not trying to be mean, but I'd be surprised if you would've had to hitch the singles if you hadn't weakened your core?

• Advertisement

meh, i wasnt too interested in what weight i was doing on them, i was just happy that my sumo form had gotten alot better, 110 by 3 caused me alot of hassle a month ago, and sure theres always the next day to try it again.

and g, hitching is where when trying to lock it out, you have to support the bar on your thighs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Push ups on rings, with feet slightly below rings
    Inverted rows-rings
    Push ups on rings, same setup as before
    Inverted rows-rings
    x8
    Inverted rows on rings, feet level with rings.

Try some ring flyes next time, total killer.

i actually did try, faceplant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the bike was on its side burnt out, on a path, in the dark, i was joggin back from a friends house
    Come on, just admit you finally had your first sextet of dutch gold, we've all had those damn lamp posts that jumped out of nowhere!

Tricep pushups on the rings are good, & a real unexpected killer on the abs too.

ive never said i havent drank before rubadub :P i am prone to the odd cider or two, just have never seen the point in getting drunk. and i hadnt any tins on me that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

meh, i wasnt too interested in what weight i was doing on them, i was just happy that my sumo form had gotten alot better, 110 by 3 caused me alot of hassle a month ago, and sure theres always the next day to try it again.

and g, hitching is where when trying to lock it out, you have to support the bar on your thighs

That's cool that your form is improving but I think L was saying that fatiguing your abs before heavy squats or deads is a good way of causing an injury. You're way more likely to be falling forward, or in a deadlift to struggle to lock out.

oh right, see where your coming from now, but 5 hanging leg raises are hardly gonna do much, im pretty cautious when lifting like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Am i the only one that thinks setting deadlifts with an ab exercise is bordering on retarded??

Probably not, but why do you think this?

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Probably not, but why do you think this?

myself and Brian seem to be on the same page.....

That's cool that your form is improving but I think L was saying that fatiguing your abs before heavy squats or deads are a good way of causing an injury. You're way more likely to be falling forward, or in a deadlift to struggle to lock out.

oh right, see where your coming from now, but 5 hanging leg raises are hardly gonna do much, im pretty cautious when lifting like!

exactly....

it's unlikely to produce positive results...

but what it will do is weaken your core when it doesn't need to be weakend..

• Advertisement

i see where your comin from and all, but to be honest i was havin fun, which is probably the main reason i lift. but i do see the point about being more prone to injury.

Bench
    3 x 62.5
    3 x 67.5
    13.5 x 70

Bor: per arm
    37.5kg x 10 x 2
    37.5kg x 9 x 1

Preacher bench curls:
    15kg x 5 per arm
    15kg x 5 per arm
    standing hammer curls
    17.5kg x 5 per arm

Power push downs
    stack +10 x 16
    stack +10 x 16
    stack +15 x 14

Squats:
    3 x 95
    3 x 100
    8 x 105 (belt on)
    120 x 1
    130 x 1
    135 x 1 PB felt good
    Chain squats
    60KG + big chains per side x 3
    80kg +big chains per side x 3

and then i had to go, was 20 minutes late because my friend messed up the time. had a good session, met michael cravez , was showing me some of the stuff he does, pretty cool. i may start working towards a mucle up for the fun of it.

training next weeks gonna be mixed up for a bit of variation, not sure how yet

Edit:
    i will get a 150 squat for nationals!

Nice meeting you today man. Your 135 squat was deeper than your 130 also! Good lifting and you'll hammer down the low bar squat in no time :cool:

cheers! the 135 was fun, i believe i popped a blood vessel :D

absolute train wreck of a month to follow.
    went mountain biking yesterday, got home, everything felt grand.

just before i went to sleep i noticed my ankle felt a tiny bit sore, didnt think anything of it.

woke up this morning in absolute agony. just back from A and E now, i somehow tore a ligament. out for 2-6 weeks, and have to go to physio, balls!

so basically training this month is gonna be something like Ls journal :P

just before i went to sleep i noticed my ankle felt a tiny bit sore, didnt think anything of it.

woke up this morning in absolute agony. just back from A and E now, i somehow tore a ligament. out for 2-6 weeks, and have to go to physio, balls!

Jebus, no idea how ya did it no?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

You didn't feel anything?
    Thats mad.

Don't rush back, bandy ankles are ****house.
    I speak from much experience.

Seriously, remember what i said on Sunday. Once you start having alot of good progress just somthing comes out of nowhere and BAM! :mad:

Take your time and best of luck with the recovery man, the weights are gonna be there when you get back with a tear in their eye and open arms :D

• Advertisement

haha! i actually was just thinking about that mike! lol, im gonna drop training back to three days a week, think i have to make a physio appointment soon. Im dropping 5/3/1 till im back, just gonna do some db shoulder press tonight. bench tomorow and then some back work on friday or something. see if i can find anything that i can use to work my quads hams and glutes without any stress on my ankle.

Advertisement