Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

dude what is your workout like? you seem to have same goals as me.

There's 59 pages of it there brother!!...

well about 20 and 39 pages of spam..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

dude what is your workout like? you seem to have same goals as me.

workout is 5/3/1 id reccomend starting with "starting strength" or stronglifts though. picking assistance work on 5/3/1 requires a bit of knowledge about what works for you.

my goals as of now are to get to the stage where i have to cut to get to the 275 class. and put up at 2000 total raw.

Press:
    5 x 40
    3 x 45
    12 x 50
    2 x 55
    1 x 60 rock hard!
    1 x 62.5 =pb
    1 x 65 2.5kg pb
    1x 67.5 5kg pb
    1 x 70kg 7.5kg PB absolute grinder! Not as pretty as robs by any standards, but no leg drive and full ROM!
    72.5kg x F-F-F-F-FAIL! X 2 wasnt to be today.

Incline DB press
    35kg x 7 x 3 sets PB

Dips
    Bw x 9
    5kg x 6
    10kg x 5
    15kg x 3
    took it easy on these, dont wanna hurt my shoulders.

Pull upS
    I Counted 16 throughout the session, done at random intervals in groups of 3 or 4

Pull ups,
    15kg x 1
    Chin ups
    15kg x 1 no rest between these.

Fun session
    was ragin i didnt get the 72.5, but i got it to my nose twice, just wasnt to be, was a smashin session tho!
    the db press were all good rom, pressed of chest on the first rep aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

my goals as of now are to get to the stage where i have to cut to get to the 275 class. and put up at 2000 total raw.

All natural of course :D

obviously ;)

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

Nice job on the military press cardio :D

We can't all be as pretty as Rob ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

was ragin i didnt get the 72.5, but i got it to my nose twice, just wasnt to be, was a smashin session tho!
    the db press were all good rom, pressed of chest on the first rep aswell.

fwiw I read somewhere (wendler?) that military press can sometimes be easier if you push press the bar into the lock out position and then press it down and up, like a bench, rather than starting from your chest. Might be worth a try if you aren't doing this already. Nice work on the pb btw. Assuming you have long arms to fit your height that's a big rom you've got. :pac:

my arms are pretty damn long brian thanks :P and yea, i find the 2nd and third rep on MP sets teh easiest, but for some reason it seems more "legit" for a 1rm if you start at the bottom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

fwiw I read somewhere (wendler?) that military press can sometimes be easier if you push press the bar into the lock out position and then press it down and up, like a bench, rather than starting from your chest. Might be worth a try if you aren't doing this already. Nice work on the pb btw. Assuming you have long arms to fit your height that's a big rom you've got. :pac:

Yeah, that's how I always overhead press myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I've read this in a pavel tsatsouline book aswell. I think it was something about everything being under tension. The 1st is always a bastard for me , but I just do them the normal way.... cause I'm hard :D

• Advertisement

DamienH wrote: »
    I've read this in a pavel tsatsouline book aswell. I think it was something about everything being under tension. The 1st is always a bastard for me , but I just do them the normal way.... cause I'm awesome :D
    fyp :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Fair play on the PB aswell, everyone loves a good military press!

ive actually started to enjoy military press alot lately, altho it sucks that you did my 1rm for 5 today :P

did sumo deadlifts today cause they place less stress on my flexion. didnt feel any pain throughout any reps.

Deads (sumo)
    5 x 122.5kg cons
    3 x 137.5kg cons +belt
    4 x 155kg , cons +belt, last rep hitched to sh1te
    1 x 170kg , barefoot+belt
    1 x 180kg , barefoot +belt
    1 x 185kg , barefoot +belt hitched
    1 x 185kg ,barefoot +belt (not sure, videod, could have hitched, may not have.

any advise on my sumo form is appreciated, other than the obvious :P chest up, hips down etc.

GHrs
    bw x 8
    10kg x 8 x 2

Ring fun
    i did some skin the cat half reps, where i basically did the full loop, but didnt reverse it, i did one where i reversed it but it wasnt full extension at the bottom.

then i did thing thing where you hang upside down and fully extend your whole body, was fun :D

Thoughts fun day, my sumo max is approximitly 5% lower than my conventional, maybe more(this is based of prior experience).
    So
    this means that i Should be able to do a 195KG~ conventional deadlift, i think i can anyway.

based off of this, i have no doubts whatsoever that i will pull 230kg at next years singlelifts. thats a promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

did sumo deadlifts today cause they place less stress on my flexion. didnt feel any pain throughout any reps.

Deads (sumo)
    5 x 122.5kg cons
    3 x 137.5kg cons +belt
    4 x 155kg , cons +belt, last rep hitched to sh1te
    1 x 170kg , barefoot+belt
    1 x 180kg , barefoot +belt
    1 x 185kg , barefoot +belt hitched
    1 x 185kg ,barefoot +belt (not sure, videod, could have hitched, may not have.

any advise on my sumo form is appreciated, other than the obvious :P chest up, hips down etc.

GHrs
    bw x 8
    10kg x 8 x 2

Ring fun
    i did some skin the cat half reps, where i basically did the full loop, but didnt reverse it, i did one where i reversed it but it wasnt full extension at the bottom.

then i did thing thing where you hang upside down and fully extend your whole body, was fun :D

Thoughts fun day, my sumo max is approximitly 5% lower than my conventional, maybe more(this is based of prior experience).
    So
    this means that i Should be able to do a 195KG~ conventional deadlift, i think i can anyway.

based off of this, i have no doubts whatsoever that i will pull 230kg at next years singlelifts. thats a promise.

I know that the chucks are not gonna do much, but I see you sumo in socks.....I just cringe. Can't help thinking of Hanley's vid.

haha, yea , the only reason i did them in socks was cause the floor there is extremely grippy, otherwise i would have stuck to the cons.

You might want to bring your feet in a few inches so your heels are under your knees at the start of the lift, this should you more stability and better drive.
    Turn your toes out more.
    Push your knees out more. On these two issues, imagine trying to get your legs parallel to the bar.
    Sumos are a mind**** of technicalities (imo at least), so it takes a while to get a routine into your technique. Look up all the elitefts articles on sumo and read them.

When you say flexion, do you mean you have a curve in your spine?

cheers for the advise, will take on board. and no i meant flexion as the front part of the ankle. thought that was the right term :confused:

oh and on the last rep , whats your opinion, hitch or no?

It probably is the right term, I just wasn't sure what body part you were referring to. I think you kind of double locked it out rather than hitched it, but its a little hard to say for sure. You seem to rock a bit, a little more stability might help the lift in general. just my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

My sumo max is about 150kg, so I'm not going to give any advice :D

But I would agree with everything Brian said

I would say Belyaev has the best sumo technique, he makes it looks effortless, have a look at how he sets up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZhvzYlYBlY

the 185 looked like a small hitch to me, but really hard to tell

• Advertisement

When you say 'raw lift' does that mean lifting without a belt?

nope, raw is just a belt. Wow thats an effortless pull, he seems to fold in on himself!! Yea there was probably a small hitch there now that i look back.

nope, raw is just a belt. Wow thats an effortless pull, he seems to fold in on himself!! Yea there was probably a small hitch there now that i look back.

Oh right cheers. I never use belts, might try it and see if it makes a difference with my 1RM.
    (Nice deadlifting btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

serious lift!

Transform wrote: »
    serious lift!
    he stays so upright! he doesnt have any problems locking it out at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

...his legs... mother of jesus...

Bench:
    5 x 60
    3 x 67.5
    14 x 75 (5kg pr, +2 reps)
    1 x 80
    1 x 85
    1 x 95 7.5kg pr!
    100 x fail, lol so close :P

Ring pullups
    x4
    x3
    chins x 3 on bar.

Db rows:
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 7
    40kg x 7
    32.5kg x 10

bICEP CURLS:
    40Kg straight bar x 5
    15kg dbs , 7 per arm x 2
    EZ bar 25kg x 14

went to a physio yesterday,
    was given the all clear to start squatting and conventional deadlfits.
    i may compete in the nationals if i can get a 150 squat in training before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

nice PR, not long till 100kg - whats the deal with all the 1rms though? Seems like you are going for them an awful lot lately...

im trying something out for a while, seems to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Transform wrote: »
    serious lift!

Think thats good then watch him squatting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEvoPCHmWa8&feature=related

Advertisement