Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

SQWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!
    5 x 87.5kg!
    3 x 100kg
    6 x 110kg (Belt) easy peezy!
    1 x 130kg strong
    1 x 140kg (felt good!) 5KG PB
    0 x 150 x 2 :/ just hadnt it in me

Front squats
    60 X 2
    70 X 2
    80 X 1 10kg pb
    90 X 1 20kg pb

High bar squats
    60 x5

Abb pulldowns
    Pin 7 x 5 x 2 good pulley was taken, wasnt great

Good mornings
    40 x 5
    50 x 5
    55 x 5
    60 x 3

Alternating Kettlebell swings
    20 x 12
    24 x 12
    Both hand kettlebell swings
    28 x 12
    28 x 12

Thoughts
    squats felt good, i had doms going into the 130 squat, i think ill get the 150 next month.
    ---
    Front squats where good,the 90kg was incredibly fought for, i got a bicep pump doing it!
    ---
    good pulley was taken for abb pulldowns.
    ---
    good mornings where strong, as where KB swings.

Im looking forward to the natonals now, im 100% now so getting ready to rock!.

the reason im doing singles this week is ive decided to adjust my assistance work. I saw how well kevpants was rocking the extra volume so im planning on doing heavy singles on the '1' day and 3x3 on the '5' and '3' weeks.

plans for the nationals are a final lift of

95 bench
    195 deadlift
    160 squat hopefully :D 150 atleast which should be if all goes well a 450kg total :D,time to rock and roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Great job on the PB's!

Cheers michael!

Btw, meant to post this earlier, my mother is busy on the weekend of the 27th. meaning i have no lift for the nationals, if anyone doesnt mind having a hitch hiker let me know :D

(Btw it doesnt matter to me if your commuting back on the night or staying in a hotel, im ok with either) Dublin area btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

plans for the nationals are a final lift of

95 bench
    195 deadlift
    160 squat hopefully :D 150 atleast which should be if all goes well a 450kg total :D,time to rock and roll!

Sounds good Cardio. My only advice would be - don't get hung up on this, just go and enjoy the day.

I don't know any more about powerlifting than you - I am just older.....

i tend to enjoy stuff more if i have a set goal, organisation works well for me. not to mention if i want something ill do a hell of a lot to get it!

• Advertisement

well, bit of a balls of sesh tbh, i think the singles didnt do much for my joints, and a few people tend to agree :P

Military Press
    42.5kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    47.5kg x 9
    60kg x 3 , balls form. my elbows where dying, shoulders felt grand. it didnt help that i over extended my elbow throwing an american football on sunday

Pressouts
    50 x 11
    60 x 7
    felt really good, balance was a bit off but elbows felt fine. im bringing the bar around 6 inches above my head, not sure how big the ROM should be.

About 10 minutes later.
    flat db press
    32.5kg bells for 9 x 2.

pretty much it, elbows where too sore to attempt much else, right one is feeling fine atm, left one is still a bit dodge.

BW update: strolling around 102-103 atm, gonna try get closer to 110 for nationals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

well, bit of a balls of sesh tbh, i think the singles didnt do much for my joints, and a few people tend to agree :P

Military Press
    42.5kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    47.5kg x 9
    60kg x 3 , balls form. my elbows where dying, shoulders felt grand. it didnt help that i over extended my elbow throwing an american football on sunday

Pressouts
    50 x 11
    60 x 7
    felt really good, balance was a bit off but elbows felt fine. im bringing the bar around 6 inches above my head, not sure how big the ROM should be.

About 10 minutes later.
    flat db press
    32.5kg bells for 9 x 2.

pretty much it, elbows where too sore to attempt much else, right one is feeling fine atm, left one is still a bit dodge.

Why did you attempt anything!!!

lion_facepalm.jpg

lion_facepalm.jpg

pot-kettle-black.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

you have absolutely NO place saying that to anyone!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Oh how I lol'd:D

lion_facepalm.jpg
    ]

should have listened to him again today, but anyway.

Deadlifts:
    125 x 5, beltless
    132.5 x 5 belt on
    145 x 5 loose belt. My elbows where a bit sore today so i kept to the designated reps, meaning that i knew that the last set was gonna be piss, i took it out a notch and got very little support, still easy tho.

Sumos
    110 x 3 x 3 using brians advise from earlier, narrowed stance, toes out more. i prefer the other way to be honest, this just didnt feel right.

Squats in converse. High bar
    hands at the plates for obvious reasons.
    worked up to 80 x 2 narrow stance, surprising how hard it is for me to hit paralell without my adidas. wont be doing this again!

Rows!
    first machine was double handed
    very like a t-bar row. weight was out in front by a good bit
    40 x 5
    60 x 2
    50 x 5
    40 x 9

Single arm version beside it, way easier.
    30 x 8 per arm
    45 x 8 per arm

Then did a few neutral grip chins .

On all the rows my elbows felt fine.

i used straps for everything this session by the way.

Thoughts:
    ive been retarded this week. im taking the rest of this week off as an unofficial deload, i was looking at the numbers for the rest of the week and they look easy so im just going to jump into the "3" week which will mean i finish up close to the comp.

Elbows feel better today than yesterday. will probably ice tonight.

well i knew i wasnt gonna stay out of the gym ALL week. but i managed to skip one day. which is pretty good,

i did:

leg press worked up to 320kg x 5, pretty easily, pretty good ROM

Good mornings
    40 x 5
    45 x 5
    50 x 5 x 2
    52.5 x 5
    these where done barefoot, as i didnt bring weightlifting shoes.

Chin ups 3 x 5
    full extension on these, dead hang, havent done em like this in forever. Im going to attempt starting strength on these in the next while. increasing the weight by 1.25kg per session. these where hardish today, would have been easier with chalk.

Elevated split squats front leg on reebok step, rear leg on bench. wore running shoes for these, god knows why! balance was crap because of it!
    15kg bells per hand, x 5 per leg

Cardio
    Bike
    10 minutes intense on the static bike , heart rate of around 170

Rower
    around 6 minutes. tabata ish style, short intense bursts followed by less intense.

for example, on the intense bits it said i was burning 1700 cal per hour, on the less intense it was 850 ish

Chins ups
    3 x 5, easier than the last day, full extension again.

Cable Rows:
    worked up to 67.5kg for 5 reps, 2 sets at 67.5

Barbell bent over rows.
    havent done these in forever, under hand grip
    40 x 5
    50 x 5
    60 x 5
    70 x 5
    80 x 4 , couldnt touch the last rep

this is the first time ive done barbell rows where my back felt fine throughout every set, ive usually had to stop doing them during it.

15 minutes cardio on the bike.

Military Press:
    42.5kg x 3
    45kg x 3
    50kg x 13 , felt good

Incline Db press:
    35kg bells x 7
    35kg bells x 2 set up all wrong, all over the place
    32.5kg bells 1 arm at a time, 3 right arm, 7 left arm
    4 right arm, 6 left arm.
    cant remember the last set.

Pull ups:
    ~20, about 8 where kipped.

Band pull aparts:
    ~50, doubled over. felt really good.

Inverted Rows: smith machine
    2 x 7
    1 x 5

Thoughts:
    considering how i felt going into this session im delighted.
    on sunday i did an hour and 10 minute gym session, mountain biked for 4 hours.

Today i was cycling for an hour and 40 minutes and had an 80 min gym session.

for some reason my left delt was mad sore today, but it didnt my press much at all, i just couldnt push it back as early as id like, i had to wait till i was closer to lockout. no pain at all though, but if i was able to push it back earlier, id say id have gotten 15ish

I also picked up 240 fish oil tablets, not sure how much to take a day, ive taken two so far.

oh and to the legend who left the red band and bodybuilder belt up in total fitness, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

I also picked up 240 fish oil tablets, not sure how much to take a day, ive taken two so far.

Take an extra one every day or second day and when you start to get a little "loose" go back one or two and take that much. You'll figure out what "loose" is very quickly.

wait, so your saying take 3 a day, until i start to feel "loose" and then drop back to one or two? and can you try to explain loose?

wait, so your saying take 3 a day, until i start to feel "loose" and then drop back to one or two? and can you try to explain loose?

Cardio I think he may be referring to a rapid movement of the bowels.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

he's saying take an extra one every day untill you crap yourself then don't take that amount anymore!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

he's saying take an extra one every day untill you crap yourself then don't take that amount anymore!!

Precisely. I went back on them recently. Couple that with taking iron tablets after giving blood and I've found a combination I never want to try again.

Oh and solid training dude, you've come incredibly far in a short space of time. How're the power cleans going?

Precisely. I went back on them recently. Couple that with taking iron tablets after giving blood and I've found a combination I never want to try again.

Oh and solid training dude, you've come incredibly far in a short space of time. How're the power cleans going?
    haha, thanks for mentioning it, id forgotten to include them, i did a few reps today just to check them out, around 50kg , my racking has gotten way better, as has my wrist flexibility, i was doing them in cons tho, so they can only be better in the olys!

repping 150 on deads tomorow, i want 8!!!!!

repping 150 on deads tomorow, i want 8!!!!!

**** YOU!!!!!

do you ever have those days where you feel sh!t, but then you realise how awesome you are and end up kicking ass?

Deadlifts
    3 x 135
    3 x 142.5
    10 x 150 20kg rep pr technically!!!!! hell yes!

Pull ups x 4
    Neutral pull ups x 3, slow

Sumos
    100 X 3 Injury occured during this rest period, yes, rest period.
    neutral pulls x 3
    120 x 3
    neutrals x 4
    120 x 3

Kb snatches
    20 x 6 per arm, getting way better at these.

Some ghrs

Kneeling abb wheels

Seated good mornings
    40 x 8

Good mornings from pins
    40 x 3
    50 x 3
    60 x 3
    62.5kg x 3
    7 Push ups on stands
    62.5 x 3

Thoughts:
    well , huge pr on deadlifts, i started to lose my hearing around rep 6, sight around rep 8, all i can remember was seeing COH shouting at me, couldnt hear what he was saying. managed to fight them all out, they where done on lower plates than last week aswell.

After the set i started to regain myself, then i took off my belt and pretty much keeled over.

now that explains the pr, now the injury.

I was walking back to my bar after a set and there was a guy skipping on the mats, grand, i went to go behind him, but as you can guess i was pretty happy from the deads, so i kind of jumped/skipped, and i turned around mid skip only to notice that there was an oly bar perfectly level with my nose, needless to say i smashed my face into it,

And to anyone whose been hit in the face, you know you start crying, so there i was, tears dripping down my face, noes swollen, doing sumo deadlifts :D, i didnt break it, but i dont look pretty atm :P

oh and i just noticed i burst a blood vessel in my cheek, lovely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

All I shouted was 'hey watch out, there's an olympic bar over there directly in line with your nose, so be really careful not to mong yourself after your set'

Pity you weren't listening :pac:

ah grand so, thats inconveniant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

Deadlifts 150 x 10 :eek:

That is awesome!

Pavel66 wrote: »
    Deadlifts 150 x 10 :eek:

That is awesome!

I concur!:D

• Advertisement

Bench Press:
    3 x 65-67kg
    3 x 70-72kg
    14 x 72.5-74.5 just under PR here.
    3 x 80-82kg Paused really slow negatives
    1 x 82.5-84.5 slow negative and paused again
    pause was overkill, just wanted to see where i was at.
    close grip 3 x 60
    40-42kg with pause, really explosive cant remember reps
    40-42kg x 7 x 2 explosive, no pause.

Really just wanted some bench volume, i had a fail attempt at 85-87, but i was pretty tired.

DB Rows
    40kg x 8 per arm
    40kg x 8 per arm
    40kg x 8 per arm,all done with slow negatives,good form
    25kg x 8 per arm, long hold at the top

Pullups
    arms where dead from rows
    2 x pull ups
    2 x neutrals
    2 x chins

Db push press
    22.5kg x 3 per arm
    25kg x 3 per arm, no wrist wraps.

Thoughts:
    the plan was to do some power cleans but i got caught up showing a friend who joined the gym some stuff

the guy has the most insane ankle and calf flexibility ive ever seen. he did a 3 reps with his bodyweight in 5 minutes, ass to grass with a pause at the bottom, its hard teaching someone to sit back when they dont need to! his heel raised a bit at the bottom.

btw, is it common for someones squat to be better than their deadlift? his deadlift wasnt strong at all, but he could have gone higher on squats.

Advertisement