Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Squats:
    3 x 97.5
    3 x 105
    14 x 110 belt on Easy pb, could have gotten 20.
    130 x 1
    130 x 1

Good Mornings:
    60 x 5
    62.5 x 5
    62.5 x 5
    50 x 5 really deep.

And thats it!
    didnt do much today, wasnt really bothered, squats have improved miles lately, form still isnt perfect, but its getting there, the focus of today was to slow down my negative as i have a habit of bouncing in the hole which screws me over on the way up.

the first 4-5 reps on the top set were about 2 inches above paralell, rest where good,

the first 130 was slightly high
    2nd was grand. both where nice and slow and easy.

things to work on : elbows forward, chest up. effort today was probably around 85 % , 1rm calculator puts my squat at 155+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I just want everyone to know you use fancy 'elbow warmers'!!!!!:pac:

Hehehehe.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

things to work on : elbows forward, chest up. effort today was probably around 85 % , 1rm calculator puts my squat at 155+

A month after 1rm'ing 130kg at the singles? That'd be impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Parsley wrote: »

Meow.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Meow.jpg

lol :pac: just sayin tho!!

• Advertisement

Parsley wrote: »
    i changed to low bar, im pretty confident in 150+ to be honest :)

Mp
    44.5 x 5
    49.5 x 3
    57 x 8 PB i think

Incline Db press:
    75kg x 5 +1 spotted lightly
    75 x 2 fail.
    65kg x 8
    65 x 8

Pin Press: set about the same rom as a floor press.
    72 x 5
    92 x 7
    112 x 2
    102 x 3 drop setted from the 112 , no rest.

felt really good having a heavy weight in my hands. i may be able to get 110 with a heavy ass bounce :D

Cable fly push down hybrid.
    35 per arm x 10 x 2
    45 per arm x 7

Power push down
    stack +15kg x 12
    stack +25kg x 10
    stack +25kg x 12,
    these feel good. the actual weight of the 95 stack and the 25kg plate is less than 60kg, as my friend was able to pull it down by hanging from it and hes 59kg, my guess is 52-57 as it moved down slowly.

and that was it, nice session, pin press is definitly staying in, id like to do floor press but im not confident in any of my friends for spotters so thats not happening :D

Power push down is a PB i think.

oh and im now a fan of Regina spektor lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If you're doing the pin press in the rack you could the floor press the same way but its not a big deal. I guess you can decide what sort of rom you want with the pin press unlike the floor where your elbows will stop you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

If you're doing the pin press in the rack you could the floor press the same way but its not a big deal. I guess you can decide what sort of rom you want with the pin press unlike the floor where your elbows will stop you.

The whole point of a floor press is that your elbows stop you, you should be resting on your triceps for a sec, dissapates kentetic energy or some bollox to that effect.

i thinks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

yeah but if you're resting the bar on the pins its the same effect except that you might possibly relax your body before pressing upwards.

• Advertisement

it cant be done in TF, the lowest pin on the racks is way too low, and the next one up is too high, theres an irregular gap between the first two compared to the rest.

i think i prefer pin press tho, feels more natural and i can get some leg drive in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

oh and im now a fan of Regina spektor lol

ha, you're welcome :D

Nice pressing too, I'm always jealous of people who can military press

yea cheers podge :D btw, you can press outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

yea cheers podge :D btw, you can press outside!

I meant I am jealous because I'm useless at military pressing. :pac:

I have big telephone pole that I might cut down for some log presses in the summer, which would be fun

ah right, well in fairness i think your arms are longer than mine are :)

ugh , 160 for reps on deadlifts tomorow, that is going to be hell, im gonna say it now, i want 8!

Deadlifts:
    125 x 5
    142.5 x 3 Belt on
    160 x 9 Hell yea!
    could have gotten 10, but i got sick in my mouth on the 8th rep, didnt want to risk it!

Hang power clean
    60kg x 5 singles
    Hang clean and jerk
    60Kg x 3

Power shrugs:
    90 x 5
    120 x 5

Rack pull from below knee to shrug.
    120 x 5
    130 x 5
    140 x 5
    100 x 5, these had no rack pull at the start.
    the reason these werent power shrugs was because i was just too slow to get any momentum out of it!

Chins
    +10kg x 3
    Rings:
    +10kg x 2
    Neutral grips:
    +10kg x 2.7, soo cloose :D

Great session!
    the 160 was so strong! the last one was more of a sldl than a dl but didnt hitch any. next week is opener test, gonna attempt 200 for one, will be videod, might be my opener.

Oh yea, to the idiot who didnt indicate when he was turning left and almost killed me, your ****ing lucky you didnt stop, i would have kicked the ****ing **** out of you, you ****ing tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

160kg x9... Savage lifting man

COH wrote: »
    160kg x9... Savage lifting man
    cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Oh yea, to the idiot who didnt indicate when he was turning left and almost killed me, your ****ing lucky you didnt stop, i would have kicked the ****ing **** out of you, you ****ing tool.

Whey rage.

You wanna watch for that.

Edit: Oh and nice work on the Deads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Deadlifts:

160 x 9 Hell yea!

Nice repping with a very decent weight. well done
    could have gotten 10, but i got sick in my mouth on the 8th rep, didnt want to risk it!

this could be a hint to stop!
    cant believe you went for a 9th after puking a bit.

vomit is the fuel of champions :D. i went in with a set goal of 8, and it was my last heavy volume session on deads before the comp, wanted to end on a good note :D.

gonna rep out bench and then take it easy on squats. Looking forward to testing openers! Hows the weight liam?

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Whey rage.

You wanna watch for that.

Edit: Oh and nice work on the Deads.
    the guy acted like he had done nothing wrong like! not to mention beside the luas at harcourt street people are driving slow enough to turn without braking, so i literally had no indication he was turning. was about an inch from clipping my leg like!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

. Hows the weight liam?

it's not too bad,
    down to about 105kg now, dont think ill manage to drop 5kg by the nationals and if i do my strength will get even worse which sucks big time.
    getting a bit sick of the diet too, will power is being sorely tested like.

at least my strength in squat and deadlift hasnt been affected.
    I;m aiming for a 180 squat and 210 DL a the nationals, dunno what to expect from the bench, dont think ill manage 107.5 again, if i got BW on the day id be happy

yea your diet was a bit extreme, you could try water manipulation if your within 2-3kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Super deadlifting.

Looking good for the nationals..

the guy acted like he had done nothing wrong like! not to mention beside the luas at harcourt street people are driving slow enough to turn without braking, so i literally had no indication he was turning. was about an inch from clipping my leg like!

I recently started using the DB's (dublin bikes, not some public dumbbells you hadn't heard of) in town.
    I know exactly what you are on about, its like a feckin jungle in there.

well i wasnt cycling, im a bit weary cycling in town! how much was it for the year? when i was considering joining hercs that was gonna be my transport

well i wasnt cycling, im a bit weary cycling in town! how much was it for the year? when i was considering joining hercs that was gonna be my transport

You were in a car?

DB Card cost a tenner for a year.
    Each time you take a bike you get an hour free, then there is a sliding scale which I wouldn't know much about cos I usually go station to station.

• Advertisement

no i get the luas to harcourt then walk, 10 euro a year? unlimited use? thats nuts! so cheap!

Advertisement