Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Bench Press:
    60-62 x 5 Touch n go
    70-72 x 3 Touch n go
    77.5-79.5 x 7 Paused, overkill around 2 seconds.
    Close Grip:
    60-62x5 paused, 2 sec
    70-72x5 paused, 2 sec
    72.5-74.5x5 paused 2 sec
    75-77 x 5 TNG
    75-77 x 5 TNG
    80-82 X 3 TNG could have gotten 5. wasnt bothered.

Rows, Db each side
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 10 2 rep pr per set.

Bent Over Row Barbell
    40 x 10
    50 x 10
    60 x 10
    80 x 6
    80 x 6 bb belt on
    80 x 6 bb belt on 1 rep pr on these sets.

Weighted crunch machine
    +5kg x 10

Podge sit ups
    15kg x 10
    30kg x 10 , these where done on a situp station thing, really had to squeeze at the top as your knees are directly above your hips.

Thoughts:
    bench was solid, ill be inviting everyone to join my Pr train starting monday to friday! getting **** done.
    squats tomorow will be conservative on the top set, then one heavy tripple. videotaping it.

Q:how to tell you had a good back session
    A: Got a back pump mixing my shake. seriously

Back002.jpg

that was at around 88kg i think, heres me at around 105 atm, obviously gotten better at the pose but im happy, biceps werent really flexed in the new one. lats are looking better

DSCF0150.jpg

SQUATS UP LADS!

SQUATS
    5 x 92.5
    3 x 105
    5 x 115, videod
    4 x 130 videod,

depth was good on all these, my right knee tracks inwards though on the heaviest set, need to work on that.

Good mornings
    40 x 5
    50 x 5
    55 x 5
    60 x 5
    60 x 5 videod, back started to round on these, drop the weight back next week

Front squats:
    40 x 3
    60 x 2
    70 x 1

High bar squats
    70 x 20, lol!

Good session,
    Just noticed the knee tracking inwards there, ive never noticed it before and didnt notice it while training, maybe it was a once off but ill definitly be aware of it in future

gms, too heavy, drop back next week.

Squats 130kg x 4, note the knee caving in

Squats 115kg x 5 looked alot harder than they where , knees cave in slightly on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Look at 1.25 in your second vid. Your right glute is lower down than your left. Tho your shoulders are perfectly even. So it means that you either have a weakness in your right glute/adductor/hamstring (most likely your glute). Otherwise you could just be tired and having an off day, film your next squat day to know for certain

• Advertisement

yea im testing my opener next week, see how it goes.

btw, im not sure if my foot position may have anything to do with it, i had my toes pointed straight today instead of slightly outward, dont know why just kind of happened.

btw, im not sure if my foot position may have anything to do with it, i had my toes pointed straight today instead of slightly outward, dont know why just kind of happened.
    im starting to be convinced it was this, i was doing some bw squats in a mirror there with a wideish stance and my knees naturally went in, compared to when toes where pointed out they didnt. Ill be videoing again on friday next week so itl all be clear then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Looking strong there. Not particularly pretty, but strong!! Do me a favour and don't go mad next week. Looks like the strength curves still on the up, don't fcuk it up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

d-gal wrote: »
    Look at 1.25 in your second vid. Your right glute is lower down than your left. Tho your shoulders are perfectly even. So it means that you either have a weakness in your right glute/adductor/hamstring (most likely your glute). Otherwise you could just be tired and having an off day, film your next squat day to know for certain

Would the fact that his right knee is tracking in lead you to believe its probably an adductor... or am i talkin ****.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Looking strong there. Not particularly pretty, but strong!! Do me a favour and don't go mad next week. Looks like the strength curves still on the up, don't fcuk it up now.
    only testing next week, in the gym three days, then the next week ill go in on the wednesday and do some 50% work. getting excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Strong squatting man,good work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

great squat...currentlly building up myself..hopefully ill catch up(with the guy thats prob like 3 yrs younger than me) soon enough...not bankin on it tho hah.

what gym is that?

RAW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Good squatting, the bar moved fast on all those reps.

Huge difference in those back comparison pics too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Still you have an imbalance as it is just one knee tracking in. Obviously you just want to focus on the comp but you will have to sort it out as time goes by or it will cause you problems down the road
    Would the fact that his right knee is tracking in lead you to believe its probably an adductor... or am i talkin ****.

could be, it's one of the three, very hard to tell by a single video, would need to see a few different videos to get a clearer observation///but no you are not talkin **** for once :p

d-gal wrote: »
    could be, it's one of the three, very hard to tell by a single video, would need to see a few different videos to get a clearer observation///but no you are not talkin **** for once :p

I do know a little bit:pac:

I just don't like people to think i do// :P

Went in with some crazy back doms, i actually brought all my bench gear cause this morning id originally planned on bench, but when i got in there i went for deads.

Deadlifts:
    bar x 5
    60 x 3
    100 x 3
    140 x 1
    180 x 1
    200 x 1 20KG pr, felt easy.
    210 x absolute gayness, completely bitched out, i wasnt infront of a mirror so i thought the bar was lower than it actually was, i decided not to attempt it again to save my strength curve as its called :P.

after this i was seriously pissed the fck off, so i said screw it, lets bench, it was actually a good move cause i was pretty tired so it simulated comp conditions well i guess.

Bench
    bar x 5
    30 x 5
    60 x 3
    80 x 1 paused
    90 x 1 paused
    95 x 1 paused 5KG paused pr
    100 x 1 paused 10KG paused pr
    102.5 x fail. Meh was touch and go anyway. knew i didnt have it.

i have vids of the 200 and 210 deadlift but youtube is being a whore.

so for the competition ive got two of my lifts planned.

Deadlift:
    and then 215-220 depending on how the 210 goes

Bench
    whatever

Squat:
    140-145 probably
    ?
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Have you done 140 yet? Also might I suggest a westside template after the comp, you seem to like maxing regularly, it could be a good fit. :D

• Advertisement

ive ogtten 140 yea. was after a squat session aswell, and i did 130 for 4 last week like.

im actually thinking of trying sheiko for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Nice PR's, not sure how good of an idea it is to be going for them this close to the comp though.

I would definitely open lower on the bench - there are so many ways you can get red lighted on a bench attempt, I probably would open no higher than 90kg

hmm, might do, the 95 felt very easy though.

200 x 1, audio swapped because i pretty much shouted out "YESSSSSSSSS" as loud as possible at the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

200 x 1, audio swapped because i pretty much shouted out "YESSSSSSSSS" as loud as possible at the end :D

Holy fucking jesus, nice work! Are you not 14 or something?! I think I hate you!

the lift i should have had

audio swap reason : screamed teh whole way up and down, and shouted FUck pretty vigourously

Fair ****s cardio, but realise you have loads of time....

there's gonna come a day where you get injured or bomb out and you need to be able to accept that...

don't fecking kill yourself now like!!

cheers, and yea i know i should probably tone it down a bit, but i wont do anything if i cant put my best effort in, its all or nothing usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Damn 200 flew up

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Damn 200 flew up
    haha, kind words but not exactly true :P, was pretty darn slow!

Advertisement