Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Imbalances are the ****ing gheyest things ever...

no that'd be parsley's latest vid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Smolov jr bench, week 2 day 1

70 X 6 X 6 could have been 7, i may have misremembered.

all paused again, fairly easy, no caffeine or amonia.

Biceps:
    various curls, although i did purposly move to preacher curls at one stage as there was a lad repping out 140 on decline with the widest grip ive ever seen, thumb on rings like!

Calves, 45% leg press
    120 x10
    160 x10
    200 x15
    240 x15
    240 x10 (stricter)
    140 x14 (really slow negatives)

yea, light enough, i can go up to around 280-300 on calves for sets of 8, not too much hassle here anyway.

i might try some deadlifts during the week

i know this song is fairly old, but i was around 6 when it came out so i forgive myself for only discovering it lately.

edit: D-gal thats some nice advertising in my tags (kidding) :D

Smolov bench jr, day 2 week 2
    Ive benched 3 days in a row now, not too smart, out of boredom more than anything, probably rest till thursday now.

75kg x 7 x 5, last rep on last set bounced slightly.

then did some upper back work. Ive stopped using elbow sleeves for bench warm ups and inbetween sets, havent noticed any pain, guess its just teh squats then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Good to hear you're looking into your imbalance cardio. Wise beyond your years (eventually). Your vids inspired me to filmed myself front on - on my log now if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

just checked them actually, thumbs up from me anyway, no knee problems as far as i can see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its something I've actually tried to avoid since I noticed one knee dip in a several weeks ago. I try and keep my knees spread in the descent and ascent and push against them, "spreading the floor" I think is the squat term.

Need to check if my right side going down quicker is the angle (damn non-90 degrees walls and racks) or a weakness/tightness.

got into town early today so did some random stuff

ring pull ups
    5 sets of 3
    strictish.

Kettle bell work 16kg 20kg and 24kg bells used
    cleans swings and snatches , no set rep or weight for exercise.

Oly lifts
    First time doing oly lifts in ages, missed them :o

Power cleans and jerks
    60 for 5 singles, fairly easy, the third single was absolutly animal, then i couldnt repeat it lol

Snatches
    these where power snatches to be honest!
    30 x lots
    35 x lots
    40 x 2, again, had some crisp reps, but then some average ones, was fun

good trip to the physio, could tell she knew her stuff, within 10 minutes she asked me had i ever injured my right ankle, and when i said yea she asked was it the outside? yep again :D.

well i have a laundry list of crap!
    Right leg was a half an inch longer than left, fixed now.
    Hips are tight as hell, left one tighter than right.
    right ankle is way weaker than left.

was given some stretches to do which ill post up in a different post.

she checked my shoulders and was pretty sure my right rotator cuff tendon( i think this was it) was tight. stretched that out for a while and it felt way better.

Exercises reccomended are

Lateral raises: straight forward

Calf raises: straight forward

Single leg squats (pistols): making sure to push my knees out

One legged stands with eyes closed: Work on ankle strength

stretches:
    ___static lunge holds, really long stride.

___on all fours, bring back right knee, move left foot infront of right knee, both feet pointing out right, then move my chest towards the ground(if anyone has a name for it do tell)

___ basically start off in the same position as before, except on your back, bring left foot infront of right knee, then grab right hamstring with hands and pull towards chest/face area.

Then just basic shoulder stretches. repeat all for both sides,

theres no problems with my knees and theres no scar tissue in my shoulders.

If anyone has any advise on how to build back up squats , i was thinking starting on 60 and moving up 10-15 a week for 3 sets of 12

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I wouldn't do sets of 12 tbh. 5's or 6's, but not with 5 or 6rm weight. You wanna relearn the motor patterns, it's easier to that without struggling thru sets.

And lolz... I posted how I was starting to stretch yesterday, and you did today.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

well i have a laundry list of crap!
    Right leg was a half an inch longer than left, fixed now.

Did she stretch that out too today? :pac:

funnily enough pretty much, she basically dug her fingers into my hips(hurt like hell), then after maybe a minute checked the length again, repeated until it was the same!

Oh and hanley, how many sets would ya reccomend ? 3 sets of 6 at lowish weights then build up ? or more sets?

Smolov bench jr week 2 day 3

Bench:
    80 x 4
    80 x 4 1 rep tng
    80 x 4
    80 x 4 2 rep tng
    80 x 4
    80 x 4 3 rep tng
    80 x 4 all reps tng ,feeling knackered at this stage
    80 x 4 last rep not paused, really got into it this set, mind set , should have done all sets like this. bench is getting harder, none of my reps are bounced , the touch and go is still touched down firmly for a half of a second
    1 x 90 , second one wasnt to be

Squats: after a ton of stretches
    60 x 2 high bar
    60 x 2 lowish bar, im not gonna go as low bar as i can anymore as it just wrecks my shoulders and elbows. ill do it in the meets and for singles though.
    1 x 70 lowish bar.

Single leg squats, no weights.

deadlifts: beltless
    bar x 5
    60 x 5
    100 x 5
    140 x 1 easy as a butter
    180 x 1, really easy off the floor, banged off my knees on and i started to go forward, hamstrings felt weird after this.
    dropped down to 100 x 4
    140 x 1
    160 x 1
    170 x 1
    180 x fail at lockout again, get it the next day, was quite tired at this stage anyway.
    150 x 2 x 2 piss easy

i get pretty much nothing off the floor with a belt, but a fair bit at lockout.

Cal raises on leg press
    40 x 8 per leg
    60 x 8 per leg x 2, definitly see how my right leg is laggin on these, these are done with a fast eccentric and concentric, but paused at the bottom for a second to stretch .

Good sesh, gonna build up the deadlift to 200 beltless in the next few weeks then start with the belt.

Oh and there was a forrest fire beside tf sandyford today, two fire engines up, couldnt see anything out of the window from the smoke,

some guy on bodybuilding.com did this, awesome!2vwec0z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

What did you have to do for him to do that! It's class! Bring it into one of those photo editing shops, and get it on canvas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Is that a monkey spotting you in that pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

so a guy.....on a BB forum.....is making pics of you.....L i found someone else who likes the cock for you!!!

The guy made a thread saying he was bored and was asking for people to post pics for him to photoshop, your man did mine crap and some guy did that to it, i think its brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

The guy made a thread saying he was bored and was asking for people to post pics for him to photoshop, your man did mine crap and some guy did that to it, i think its brilliant!

I think your 12....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

I think your 12....:P

16 or 17 actually, pretty much just as effective!

16 at the moment :)

oh and putting this here so i cant bitch out:

I will be cutting! ,i weighed in at 109 this evening, and im fat as hell, the cut for the next two weeks will be pretty conservative, cut out junk, eat healthier etc etc. then once i finish smolov itl get serious, wanna see my abs for the first time in 16 years lol. This is gonna suck, my sweet tooth seems to have gotten god awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

16 at the moment :)

oh and putting this here so i cant bitch out:

I will be cutting! ,i weighed in at 109 this evening, and im fat as hell, the cut for the next two weeks will be pretty conservative, cut out junk, eat healthier etc etc. then once i finish smolov itl get serious, wanna see my abs for the first time in 16 years lol. This is gonna suck, my sweet tooth seems to have gotten god awful

always 1 reason I recommend people like you using supplements. So easy to change the calorie intake!
    Awful hard to get rid of that sweet tooth...peanut butter should get you thru it :cool:

Cheers dave, after smolov ill probably live off peanut butter, broccolli and chicken. 6 times a day.. 7 days a week.... o dear god....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

you should totally make that your bebo profile pic :pac:

bebo is crap, facebooks where its at man!

Bench: tf bar
    85 x 3 first two paused, last touch and go
    85 x 3 touch and go all reps
    85 x 3 all paused
    85 x 3 tng
    85 x 3 paused ish.
    85 x 3 first paused
    85 x 3 " " "
    85 x 3 tng
    85 x 3 tng
    85 x3 tng.
    90 x 1 tng

for the first 6 sets, pausing the reps was basically decided by which spotter i had, literally no good spotters in the gym today and the guy that spotted the majority of them didnt speak much english, some sets where lifted off on my own.

after the first 6 sets id lost too much energy to attempt to pause any. forms still solid, last 2 sets had some bounces though. not to mention the weights closer to 87.

Stretches and stuff.

Squats setted with single leg db squats.
    60 x 5
    12.5 per hand x 5 per leg

60 x 5

60 x 5

60 x 5

60 x 5
    12.5 per hand x 5 per leg.

Definitly keeping the single leg squats. my balance is god awful and i was sweating buckets by the end of this. gonna move the squat weight up slowly, my left hip is still very tight, didnt have time to do calf raises.

just gonna throw up a rough(very) diet plan for some advise on it

mon-fri:
    7:15 porridge with some honey made with skimmed milk
    9:55 chicken fillet, broccoli some tomato and other veg, no sauce.
    12:15 same as above.
    3:30 some peanut butter if im hungry
    5:00 PWO shake , 500 ml skimmed milk with 30g whey.
    6:30 some chicken with a some carbs probably, maybe beef.
    8:30-9:00 peanut butter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Where's the protein??

Advertisement