Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Hanley wrote: »
    Where's the protein??
    i guess i could throw in another shake if i need to, didnt really notice that theirs only around 120 g there.

edit: wait you joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i guess i could throw in another shake if i need to, didnt really notice that theirs only around 120 g there.

edit: wait you joking?

Hanley does not joke about protein.....no one jokes about protein!

ill throw in a shake in the morning so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could just mix some protein into your porridge oats with cold milk, there is no need to cook oats, they are just museli without the nuts & fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Why only 30g after training?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

16 at the moment :)

wanna see my abs for the first time in 16 years lol. This is gonna suck, my sweet tooth seems to have gotten god awful

Well after meeting him last week I think you know who to ask about abs....:pac:

Why only 30g after training?

Dunno man, no thinking really behind it, theres 500ml of milk, which is around 16 grams, so it works out at 40grams (why is 24/30) ive never really planned out a diet man, when i was bulking it was two scoops, then i just ate my way to around 200grams of protien, and let the rest fall into place.

i dont really see the point in over thinking it.

rubadub wrote: »
    You could just mix some protein into your porridge oats with cold milk, there is no need to cook oats, they are just museli without the nuts & fruit.
    i love porridge though :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Few things

You are over 100kg, you should get minimum 160g of protein per day. I would try and get up to 200g just due to the sheer amount of weight you lift

Your fats are too low, get around 30% of your cal intake from it. 10% each from mono/poly and sats if possible. It will keep your test levels up also which is vital for you. So one serving each of beef and fish and a good amount of peanut butter, cashews and almonds

Keep your carb intake to 100grams. When i cut weight I usually get them in the morning (oats) and then the rest from veg and nuts

Cut the peanut butter out before bed, that's a bulking tool, get a shake in instead.
    Cut the milk out before training, not necessary at all, scoop of peanut butter instead if you want.

PS if you hate fish just get omega 3/6/9 tablets

d-gal wrote: »
    Few things

You are over 100kg, you should get minimum 160g of protein per day. I would try and get up to 200g just due to the sheer amount of weight you lift

Your fats are too low, get around 30% of your cal intake from it. 10% each from mono/poly and sats if possible. It will keep your test levels up also which is vital for you. So one serving each of beef and fish and a good amount of peanut butter, cashews and almonds

Keep your carb intake to 100grams. When i cut weight I usually get them in the morning (oats) and then the rest from veg and nuts

Cut the peanut butter out before bed, that's a bulking tool, get a shake in instead.
    Cut the milk out before training, not necessary at all, scoop of peanut butter instead if you want.

PS if you hate fish just get omega 3/6/9 tablets
    alright cool dave, appreciate the advise, heres what ive had today, if you could advise anywhere to throw in some fats/carbs or whatever.

7:15 porridge with some maple syrup, scoop of whey made with 400ml of skimmed milk

9:55 chicken fillet cut into pieces with lettuce, peppers,sweetcorn,brocolli and tomatoes.

12:10 same as above, just slightly more of everything.

3:30 meridian peanut butter,not sure how much of it, a few spoons.

5:50 400ml of milk and 2 scoops of whey.

6:35(now) 4 egg omlette with pepper sweet corn and peppers and chicken(not much)

what should i have between now and 11 ? and what needs to be changed.

• Advertisement

Smolov week 3 day 1 TF bar.
    6 x 72.5kg all paused, easy
    6 x 72.5kg all paused, easy, yet spotter helped me lockout last 3, even though they where quick:mad:
    6 x 72.5kg all paused, didnt get a spot this time.
    6 x 72.5kg first 5 paused, didnt pause the last as the spotter was starting to help :(**
    6 x 72.5kg all paused
    5 x 72.5kg all paused, last one didnt go
    4 x 72.5kg tng

** this is where a guy worked in and started to throw me off, he was kind of dictating the pace of the sets, i usually take 3 min between sets, was probably around 70 seconds from then on in. dude was benching 150 for reps tho...

Single leg squats setted with squats
    12.5kg x 6 per leg
    60 x 5
    12.5kg x 5 per leg
    65 x 5
    12.5kg x 5 per leg
    front squat
    60 x 1
    squats
    65 x 5
    100 x 1
    100 x 1 everything today was done in flatsoled dcs as i forgot my adistars. was interesting doing it in flat soles, i actually enjoyed it.

my balance on the single leg squats is sooooo bad!!!
    i have to stop in between reps to regain my balance, and i fell on a few reps. They are working though aswell as the stretches, hips are feeling alot better. anyone have any good stretches for the front of your hips just above your legs feel free to share.

Smolov bench: TF BAR week 3 day 2
    5 x 77.5 tng self spotted
    5 x 77.5 tng
    5 x 77.5 tng
    5 x 77.5 tng self spotted
    5 x 77.5 tng
    5 x 77.5 tng
    5 x 77.5 first 3 paused, last two tng.

was really tired today so decided to just tng, they werent really touch and go , .5 second pause maybe. was pretty easy to be honest so i paused the first 3 on the last set

Deadlifts beltless:
    150 x 3
    160 x 2
    170 x 1
    170 x 1
    150 x 2
    all easy , decided to not go for 180 and do some rack pulls

Rack pulls: 3 inches below knees, done off a reebok step :D
    100 x 3
    130 x 1
    160 x 1 x 2
    170 x 1 lockout was a mystery on this, really dont know, i was fully straight and the bar was in the right place, but my shoulders didnt go back. im surprised how hard rack pulls are to be honest, thought id be going heavier than deadlifts.

Deadlifts again
    just saw a bar loaded to 120 as i was putting the rack pull plates back on the rack, so did 5, easy, done of lower plates

im really liking how training is at the moment, deadlifting and squatting when im able.

Quick update on the knee drifting, doesnt happen on deadlifts anymore, at all. also i dont start to swivel to one side, just gotta keep up the work now and slowly build my squats back up, by the way, does anyone know if tortilla wraps are a better option than bread? the salad im having isnt getting nicer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

anyone know if tortilla wraps are a better option than bread? the salad im having isnt getting nicer :D

Yeah, go for corn tortillas if you want to avoid white flour

cool, gonna see if i can find a healthy chicken tikka type sauce somewhere now.

Diet wasnt as good as it should have been today (nothing major) so i decided to do some training,
    very hard to remember what i did tbh.

shoulder press: few reps at 40kg
    squat thrusters: few reps at 40kg
    bent over row : few reps at 40kg
    front squats: worked up to 70 x 1 easy
    squats: did a single at 80kg and 100kg, couldnt see my knees as i was in the annoying rack.

Cardio lol : 10 ish minutes ,treadmill incline, 2 minutes joggin, then my lower back told me that running and deadlifts dont mix.

static bike, 15-20 minutes i think? was more concerned about intensity than what the machine said.

Biceps! 2 sets with the 20kg dumbells, 1 set with the 15s, cant remember reps.

Calf raises: really have no clue what i did, there was some static holds in there, and some deep stretches at the bottom, i think the max weight i used was something really light like 140.

Power cleans: 60 x a few 70 x 1. 40 x 2.

think im going to drop back down to 40 for a while and really work on dropping into the hole, as i feared, when i went to 70, my legs kicked out further than they do at 60 to compensate.

Bench:
    80kg x 8 sets x 4 reps, all paused, all easy, badass. ****ing love the bar in RAW
    100 x bleh, wasnt in me today, was better than an attempt i had at 90 about a week ago, im hoping to get around 105 paused next week, 110 touch and go could be on the cards, hunting down that bw bench :P
    Close grip
    60 x 8
    70 x 6, could have probably gotten 8, wasnt really to bothered.

Squats: didnt have room in my bag for oly shoes, had to use flat dcs again beltless
    80 x 3 x 5. piss easy,
    100 x 1
    110 x 1
    120 x 1
    125 x 1 piss easy.
    was talkin to hanley the other day about squatting in flat soles, and how i was thinking it was easier than oly shoes, he brought up that i was using warm up weights so i decided to see what the crack was.
    knees where in perfect sync with each other today, i didnt go higher than 125 as both my knees drifted in a bit today, nothing major like, ill vid it next time.

plans for next days squats is oly shoes. work up to the same lift, see how it feels.

Thoughts:
    really nice session. the new bar position on squats is feeling good, bench felt very very strong.
    im still not sure wheter to test my tng or paused max on wednesday.

plans now are a cardioish session tommorow and last day of smolov on sunday morning, might do some oly work tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

****ing love the bar in RAW that belongs to COH, as it is his, and he was gracious enough to share it with me today even though I was clearly in the way :D

Took fook all off the 100kg attempt, honestly I'd say at most 1-2kg. You would have got it if you used the other bench and didn't have to half press the bar out in the first place. Pain in the ass the way it doesn't have higher pins! I do believe you're not supposed to be going for these max lifts though... perhaps stop for a while and when you do eventually attempt one again you'll be guaranteed to get it, isn't that the whole point of doing smolov jr?

wasnt really tryin to max though, more about just getting under some heavier weight, thats my last single anyway before i test my max, only got one more session left, and a fail is still a fail man :P

felt like doing something so decided to go to the gym

Deadlifts: 6ft bar, no chalk or belt
    145 x 1
    165 x 1 x 2
    145 x 3
    all piss, just didnt wanna go straight into cardio.

20 minutes on bike, first 10 min avg heartrate according to bike was 125ish, second ten min was around 155ish

2 x 5 single leg squats per leg ,15kg dbs

45kg lunges, 5 per leg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

'Fran' is calling to you sir...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ27XzR3HJc

'Fran' is calling to you sir...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ27XzR3HJc
    bwahahahahaahahahah, ive done fran before, it doesnt want me back.

Last day of smolov :)
    Bench
    87.5 x 9sets of 3 reps touch and go
    last set i paused all 3, easily. didnt take any chances, wasnt missing a rep :P

Squats oly shoes.
    80 3 sets of 5
    100 x 1
    120 x 1
    125 x 1
    125 x failtaility! dont know what happened here.

calf raises setted with single leg squats.

Thoughts:
    benching was grand, not hard at all.

on the squats, theres a certain stance, not too wide, not to narrow, that destroys me left hip, but any wider or narrower is grand.

i went wideish today, knees where fine up to 120, did the 125 and didnt pay attention to them, so retook it and failed, all i noticed on the fail was my right knee started to come in, so still some work to be done.

to be honest i think im stronger in my dcs than my iron works! ill have to wait to get a belt on too see if that makes much of a difference.

split squats, with rear foot elevated.
    2 sets of 5 per leg 15kg
    " " " " " " " 20kg
    Adducter machine.
    80kg x 15
    stack x 20 x 2, this was weird, you sit in a chair type thing, and your legs are perpindicular to each other, then you bring your knees together, really fried the adducters, definitly keeping both of the above in.

Cardio
    static bike, 28minutes, 21.2km.
    4min@lvl16
    4min@lvl15
    4min@lvl14
    4min@lvl13
    4min@lvl12
    4min@lvl11
    4min@lvl10
    heart rate was kept above 160 at all times, rpm was as high as needed to keep heartrate up, was around 110.

heart rate seems quite low but my resting heart rate was in the 40s last time i checked.

Wont be in the gym till this weekend probably, maybe bench on friday. who knows.

going downhillin tomorow, got a sweet frame for my bike, absolutly gorgeous. only problem is the bike as a whole is coming towards its end :P. probably upgrade at the end of summer

9485.jpg
    soon....

really good downhill today, the frame clicked in nicely, hit some chutes, tables, drops and trails. there was an epic 1 hour of pushing it up a hill, thought my calves where going to collapse, was sweating buckets by the end

session today was ****e, to the max, went in felt knackered, bar started slowing down on 60 ****ing kilos.

failed 100 twice touch and go, ive paused it after deadlifts.
    and after a smolov session i almost got it.
    carbing the **** outta this weekend, gonna go try it again on sun/mon, if i miss it again, gonna get rid of the diet.

deadlifts went well tho lol.
    100 x 3
    140 x 1
    180 x 1
    190 x bwahahaha
    100 x loads , no rest, touch and go, till i couldnt breath
    100 x snatch grips with holds at the top, thumbless.

Bench again lol
    worked up to 95,
    just missed 100, better than the first two attempts though.

db press incline.
    35 x 4
    30 x 5 no stress really.

weight was 102.9 when i got home today, definitly leaner, probably gonna be 102.2 in the morning, wanna be 104 by the end of sunday. then ill start cutting again.

ill hopefully have some photos from the dh session up soon enough, was a photo shoot type deal.

Right so, ive accepted a few things, im being ****ing idiotic. failed 100 twice again today, there are two possible reasons.
    im 7kg lighter than the last time i attempted it, i dont give a **** about this one.

im maxing out too much, being an idiot.

so. i will not be maxing out on anything, anything! until september, wont be going below 3 reps either*

*Only exception to this is when i get 180 for 10 on deadlifts.

im bringing my bodyweight down to 95 by the way. if i get there, gonna take up bjj during the summer hopefully get a few sub tournaments going aswell, might do mma aswell.

Bench
    40 x 20
    60 x 5
    80 x 3
    90 x 1
    100 x 0 x 2, fml
    80 x 5
    82.5 x 5
    85 x 3

Incline
    60 x 5
    65 x 3 x 5

Deadlifts
    bar x 10 stiff leg
    60 x 5 stiff leg
    100 x 2 stiff leg
    140 x 1 belt on
    180 x 3 belt
    190 x 2 belt
    160 x 6
    170 x 3

was tired here, gonna be repping out 180 for the next few sessions, i will deadlift 250+ before christmas, lighter than i am now.

should be good for 180 x 6 atm

oh and last night, i had a full steak dinner, roast potatoes, veg, mash, gravy, all blended up into a shake, epic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

im bringing my bodyweight down to 95 by the way. if i get there, gonna take up bjj during the summer hopefully get a few sub tournaments going aswell, might do mma aswell.

are you trying to be me now? :P

Advertisement