Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you tan before holiday??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RoxyHart

Being of a pale disposition myself and prone to developing a farmer's tan on hols, my course of action when coming up to hols is i use Dove's moisturiser with a hint of self tan, every second day for a week beforehand, gives you a nice even glow, without the orange fake look to it, when in the heat i use a good strong factor, maybe 30 for the first few days and decrease to 15 or 10 as the days progress. Always shower after a day of sun worshipping, then slap on a good quality moisturiser or after-sun, cocoa butter is the business! :). As your tan develops the Dove fades, and viola a gorgeous sun kissed hue coming home! If not, you can always slap on more Dove, no one will be any the wiser :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I, like others go bright red and my face is overrun with freckles. I got badly caught last year. I was out for the day and decided not to put any sun cream on my arms "Sure I'll get a little colour today" thought I. It was possibly the most burned I have ever been. Three months later I was still sporting that farmer burn.

So now I just whack on the cream. I'd rather stay white than go through that again. And I just don't trust fake tan not so be streaky/patchy etc.

Advertisement