Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Anime of all Time

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

psicic wrote: »
    Lagann was good - interesting drawing style, a couple of hooks that caught my attention - but I stopped watching after it got licensed around episode 14 or so. Judging by this board, it must have gotten bloody fantastic from episode 15 on...

*FACEPALM OF DOOM*

You stopped right as the SPIRAL POWER hit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

My two nominations:
    -Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

There are loads of others I'd want to put forward, but they just can't surpass those two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

In terms of series'; Fafnir No Azure (sp?) "Fafnir in the Azure" is absolutely gorgeous and one of the better mecha-dramas I'm aware of. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned

Movie is a toss up between something like Spirited Away/Grave of the Fireflies when I'm feeling artsy or Ghost in the Shell : SAC if I'm in the cyberpunk mood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Rhyme wrote: »
    I've always been fond of 'Dead Leaves'
    I can't believe I forgot about this! Dead Leaves has to be the craziest thing I've ever watched.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jimi_t wrote: »
    In terms of series'; Fafnir No Azure (sp?) "Fafnir in the Azure" is absolutely gorgeous and one of the better mecha-dramas I'm aware of. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned

Movie is a toss up between something like Spirited Away/Grave of the Fireflies when I'm feeling artsy or Ghost in the Shell : SAC if I'm in the cyberpunk mood

So what is it that you're nominating then? :p

fitz0 are you changing nomination? you're free to do so whenever you want, as long as it sticks to two nominations :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Whats with all the people saying Elfen lied...like it was better then average(not hard).Must have a pink hair/horn fetish or somethin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

I am going to pick Neon Genesis Evangelion and Perfect Blue as my two favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭frawley2005

Sup people I cant believe that at least one of you didnt pick Death Note

anyway im not picking it either :) ... ahh i really loved an anime called
    Monster ... and another called Speed Grapher :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Sup people I cant believe that at least one of you didnt pick Death Note
    You obviously haven't seen the ones people did vote for :p

The manga was better than the anime anyway.
    (Note: this is my personal opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fitz0 wrote:
    I can't believe I forgot about this! Dead Leaves has to be the craziest thing I've ever watched.
    Dead Leaves + English sub + copious amounts of beer: greatest night in, ever :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Wasn't Dead Leaves by the same director as TTGL? And wasn't there a guy with a drill for an *ahem*?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Prime32 wrote: »
    Wasn't Dead Leaves by the same director as TTGL? And wasn't there a guy with a drill for an *ahem*?

Yeah, Hiroyuki Imaishi. Just shows that his drills are a loose euphemism for d*cks.

I'd forgotten that Dead Leaves has some... interesting scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Im going to suggest Azumanga Daioh and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nominations end tomorrow!

Nominations are now closed! Thanks for your contribution :)

The poll will be up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

Dragon Ball!!!
    and maybe Macross... :cool:

Advertisement