Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Propect Cemetery Glasnevin

Options
  • 14-04-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Maybe not the correct place to put this but here goes...

A friend of a friend is looking to sell an empty burial plot in Prospect Cemetery Glasnevin. (economic downturn etc..)

Would anybody have any advice
    e.g.
    - does this happen?
    - is there a standard way of doing something like this?

Thanks,

BW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

it's a popular spot.

I know someone who bought a plot for about 16k in it.

I guess get in touch with the cemetery and they'll advise on how you go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

Many thanks ntlbell, they tried the route of contacting the cemetery - they where not overly helpful and said all they can do is buy it back at original value and could not advise beyond this.

Thanks again,
    BW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Check the deeds, see what title is on the plot. Did the FoaF need a solicitor to "buy" the plot, if not, then was it really a land purchase and can it actually be sold? I'd say unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Usually you aren't buying the land, but buying the right to be buried there for often, 100 years.

I don't know the house rules in Glasnevin.

Advertisement