Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to riding after 10 years

Options
  • 14-04-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I want to return to riding again and need some tips.

I hacked out, did some basic x country and jumping in arenas.

I had all the gear but that is long since gone.

So I need some advice on the following queries:

1) Hat, boots, jods, waterproof jacket and pants. How much, what make and where to buy them.
    2) I am looking for a suitable stables on the northside of Dublin or north county Dublin.
    3) Are there others here considering a return to the saddle? If so, maybe we could get together and do a deal on lessons with a stables.

Many thanks,
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

Hi Mark,

You're best bet would be to get yourself down to Equestrian Direct. Its a family run business and they would have everything you need to get started again, they'd give you the best advice aswell on what to buy first, and what brands are best etc. Prices arent too expensive either :D

I recently returned to riding after a 6 year break and started up with Kilronan Equestrian in Swords. Found them to be brilliant. Started in the beginners class just to get reacquainted with positions and the general feel of a horse again. Moved on quickly up to intermediate and I find the lessons very interesting and they accomodate your needs very well. They also have a wide variety of horses and ponies which is great!

http://www.kilronanequestriancentre.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Keep the thread on topic please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 markkeane

Hi guys,

Thanks for advice and help with my enquiry. I will try that outlet for my riding gear and make a call to the stables.

And in the meantime I will keep trying to get fit by losing a few pounds and getting the old bod into shape.

Many thanks,
    Mark

Advertisement