Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillwalk (Cork) suitable for 8 year old?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I've been hillwalking with some friends for a couple of years and have been so enthusiastic about it that my 8 year old son has been pestering me to go on one! We've been on several forest walks but he wants to go on a 'real hillwalk' so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend places where I could take him. It has to be up a hill, offroad and in Cork county (or very near) so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    bobjim

Comments

How about Torc in Kerry, which must only be hor and a half from Cork City. Very safe, sleepers and paths all the way up, but still off the tarred stuff. Great views, and although it might not be that testing it still breaks the 500m barrier so it's more than a stroll in a park. And the scenery is great. If you park at the main road the first 10 minutes are through the forest alright, but once ye gwet on the old road it feels a bit less like a forest walk.

Advertisement