Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I saw on Dublin Street today...

• 14-04-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

I was walking back to work at lunchtime today, down Dublin Street when I couldn't believe my eyes! A black Peugot 07 D was parked (contra flow), partly up on the pavement outside Kehoes Auctioneers. Rear passenger door was open and there was a young boy (I'm guessing 3+) pi**ing up against Kehoes fine stone shopfront! I was gobsmacked! The child's sibling was in the car laughing at the good of it! The parent was not to be seen so I walked on. Charming isn't it. Nearly as good as the time I saw another young boy peeing at an atm one day! Pretty poor parenting if you ask me...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Indeed, pretty disgraceful alright and says a lot about the parenting, or lack there of! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I don't think you can cast aspersions on the parents' parenting skills on the basis of one small bladder needing to be emptied immediately. It actually doesn't say anything about the parenting at all.

Sometimes the needs of the physical universe (in this case, a large body of water in a comparatively smaller space) outweigh societal needs or expectations.

What would you do if the kids in the back was about to pee himself, and your car seats? Shout at him? Ignore him? Tell him to hold it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Sleipnir wrote: »
    I don't think you can cast aspersions on the parents' parenting skills on the basis of one small bladder needing to be emptied immediately. It actually doesn't say anything about the parenting at all.

Sometimes the needs of the physical universe (in this case, a large body of water in a comparatively smaller space) outweigh societal needs or expectations.

What would you do if the kids in the back was about to pee himself, and your car seats? Shout at him? Ignore him? Tell him to hold it?

Sleipnir I'm fully aware of the immediate needs of a child to pee, but, if you refer back to the original post you'll see that the OP stated that A. the car was parked in an innapropriate manner and B. the occupants were sitting in the car having a laugh at what the kid was doing. Now, if they were any sort of concerned adults they would have stood close to the kid to shield him from passers by and try make what may have been an emergancy stop less conspicuous.

No matter how badly the kid needed too pee it was completely inappropriate for him to do it where the OP stated that he did (on a busy public street!). the kid knows no better and its irrelavent to him, its the parents, or adults that should have had more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

I think the crime commited was parking the car in the wrong place.....the scenario sounds like parents left kids in car to run into a shop and kid took it upon himself to take a wizz against the wall......The op stated person in the back laughing was only a kid too.....remember when the parents away the kids will play

Honestly dont think this needs to degrade into lack of parenting skills either cause the person left kids and quickly ran into get something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

I've seen plently of adults do the same on a Saturday night/Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I think it's disappointing when adults or children think it's appropriate to urinate openly in public. I have two very young children myself and I know as well as any that young children don't appreciate timing when it comes to these basic needs BUT that said I don't think there is any excuse for that behaviour. I've also seen parents/ guardians allow young children urinate in public playgrounds, in, around and on the actual play equipment! There's really no excuse for it. I don't think there's a pub/ restaurant/ whatever in the country that would refuse a parent who asked for their child to use the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

Parking the car on the busy street is not right for any driver to do that. And to be honest, the parent(s) must be in a VERY HURRY to park the car there to leave two kids in the car? so rush they cant even find a safer place that complys with the law to park just down the road?by the river for example?

Leaving kids in the car in my opinion is not very good parenthood.
    If the kid needed to pee, and parents were around, nearest toilet is Supermacs i think

Advertisement