Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think its love

• 14-04-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Starting back seeing my ex who disapperd off the radar for 3 yrs, she came back with 2 little girl ( not mine )

I think im falling in love with her but her having a little girl is stopping me takin it further,
    dont get me wrong the little girl is adorable but i'll be honest and say that it is a big issue,

Has anyone else been ina situation like this and taken the plunge an it worked out, or did it fall apart ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

need more info. what is relationship (if any) to father of child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

OP whether anyone else has been in this situation is not rettibly relevant to you. It will ahve worked for some, but not for others.

A better question would be why did you and you ex break up in the first place?
    In the 3 years you were broken up she started a relationship with someone else and had a child with them (presumably), I'd be taken aback at the swiftness of that. I realise things can spin out of control and all that garbage, but the numbers are that she broke up with you, must have hooked up with someone else fairly quickly and gotten pregnant, then left that person (or was left?), and is now back on your doorstep.

If it were me I wouldn't bother, she's your ex, and I assume there's a good reason for that. That plus the fact that she's gotten far enough into a relationship with someone else to have a child with them, only to be left holding said baby, wouldn't fill me with confidence for the stability of any relationship you might have with this woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

How long are ye together now? She was 'off the radar' -- that makes it sound a bit odd tbh.

You say you're falling in love - but that her having a daughter who's not yours is a big problem. Ultimately you will have to have a long think about the whole situation. You guys were together and broke up before
    - you guys broke up before - is that issue resolved?
    - the relationship if any of the father
    - your relationship with your gf
    - your possible relationship with the daughter, you will feature in her life if you stay, would you be happy taking care of another man's child?

And how much each of those affects you in total. You may also want to talk to your gf when you've had a think about things yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Will you want to have kids? Will she want more kids? At a certain age these questions have to be thought about before entering any serious relationship. However if you're agreed on the above questions then I don't see why you shouldn't give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Is the issue that she has a kid or that you're not the father?

• Advertisement
Advertisement