Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Island closed

Options
  • 14-04-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why Golden Island was closed last Sunday (Easter Sunday)?

I drove in along and noticed the car park being very quiet but I just thought people weren't out. It was 3 in the afternoon. I parked and went over to the main door and there was a piece of paper stuck in the window with "Closed" written on it. Why?

I imagined it would be a busy day for people to be around. There was a funfair type thing on, its a Sunday, not many working, bank holiday weekend. So why close it? Just thought it was strange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

i hope you're joking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Well I haven't checked since (I'll pop in later) but it was closed Sunday. Wasn't a sinner around it. No lights on inside either when I peered through the door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

wish a few other shopping centres would close on sundays and bank holidays

we've become obsessed with shopping and spending money needlessly in the this country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

wish a few other shopping centres would close on sundays and bank holidays

we were obsessed with shopping and spending money needlessly in the this country

Fixed that for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

It was closed because it was Easter Sunday, all shops apart from the cinema closed for the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement