Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wierd speed issues on Smart

Options
  • 14-04-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I have Smart broadband 4mb line and it generally works fine but I am now getting some strange speed issues.

If I use their speed tester it goes up to about 4.5 generally but sometimes it is well below 1mb. If I restart the modem it generally goes back up again but not always.

The new thing is that if I use bit torrent I appear to be using 20kb/s but the speeder checker drops the speed to below 1mb. If I stop the torrent it goes back up again. It is only recently this started happening.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kipperhell wrote: »
    I have Smart broadband 4mb line and it generally works fine but I am now getting some strange speed issues.

If I use their speed tester it goes up to about 4.5 generally but sometimes it is well below 1mb. If I restart the modem it generally goes back up again but not always.

The new thing is that if I use bit torrent I appear to be using 20kb/s but the speeder checker drops the speed to below 1mb. If I stop the torrent it goes back up again. It is only recently this started happening.

Get the Smart lads to check your line stats

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yep, ask on the forum. I had an issue with line resets and speed wobbles, and it turned out to be my modem. New modem, no problems.

Advertisement