Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive zone

Options
  • 14-04-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?
    It's a driving simulator for learning to drive - obviously enough. They're based on Pope's Quay. Anybody used them? Any good? What about prices?

Have checked their website (www.dpcsims.com) but no info on prices.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I'd love to know about this too, maybe it should be re-posted in the learning to drive forum, haven't seen it discussed over there:confused:

I'd be inclined to think driving a real car would be much better but it's supposed to be the exact same experience. It looks like a video game.

I might book a driving test on one of those machines to see what it's like, mre out of curiosity than anything. I've spent so much on learning to drive by now that another few euro won't make a difference. I also need the practice since I failed my driving test:mad:

Are you just starting to learn or closer to test stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Just starting to learn, so i figure if its not too expensive, a few lessons on that might get me started before moving onto the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Good luck with it, I've had loads of help from the learning to drive forum here so if you have any questions or problems, people over there will help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Can we move this to the Learning to Drive forum then??

Mr. Moderator???

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?
    It's a driving simulator for learning to drive - obviously enough. They're based on Pope's Quay. Anybody used them? Any good? What about prices?

Have checked their website (www.dpcsims.com) but no info on prices.

oh just learn like the rest of us ya big girls blouse!
    how are ya anyways?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mick101

hi, Im from cavan and went through the course with my school. I didnt realise there was one in cork? its excellent anyway! wel worth it. all my class mates went through it aswell. the came in on a truck and the simulators where savage. check out the website www.drivezoneinternational.webs.com. there other site doesnt have the truck on it and this one does. I would recommend it definately. I dont no how its run in cork but in cavan its some job.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

This has been......educational. Considering the way people drive in this country, I previously assumed 'driver training' was a myth. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i tried one of these for fun a while back. I already drove so i found it to be a less than perfect substitute.'

But its probably quite helpful for a very very beginner. Works just like a car but the feedback, though a good attempt, isnt great

Advertisement