Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

does anyone know of classic civic club?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a 1991 1.6 16V Civic.. someone hit the back of me and worte it off :( but the assessor is just seeing an old civic, which it's not.. if anyone knows about civics!! so i need someone that appreciates the value of this car that could give me an assesment for the insurance company..

I think if there is a civic club they might have someone involved that could help me..

Thanx..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

What's special about the car? I mean, is it just a normal 1991 1.6 DOHC civic? Import Spec? Is it a 'boy racer' type hatch, lots of mods and bolt-on's?

What makes it different from any other 1991 civic? Is it a particular model that's rare, especially desireable etc?

I'm afraid it might just come down to you valuing your car as being worth more than the insurance company and the marketplace would suggest.

Sorry.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

eliz wrote: »
    I have a 1991 1.6 16V Civic.. someone hit the back of me and worte it off :( but the assessor is just seeing an old civic, which it's not.. if anyone knows about civics!! so i need someone that appreciates the value of this car that could give me an assesment for the insurance company..

I think if there is a civic club they might have someone involved that could help me..

Thanx..
    Interesting,what do you think its worth?I presume it looks like this..
    CB895761.jpg
    Is it a VTEC Dohc?
    The insurance will probably just see it as another old car,its kinda in limbo between banger and classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Camarague

Maybe you buy the car off the insurance company and take whatever parts - alloys / lights / ICE / whatever - and then buy another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

The insurance will probably just see it as another old car,its kinda in limbo between banger and classic.

Anything from the early 90's that doesn't have 2 seats and isn't from Stuttgart(slight generalisation...) is probably a banger in the eyes of most. I don't think that is a particularly objectionable stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Is there even a classic jap club in ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

jay28 wrote: »
    Is there even a classic jap club in ireland?
    Think theere is something for twin cams alright,other than that i dont know.Only civic club i know of is this.
    http://www.clubcivic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eliz

thanx guys

Advertisement