Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

automated marketing phonecalls

Options
  • 14-04-2009 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm registered on the National Database not to receive marketing calls. There has been a huge improvement since I registered -I had been getting about 10 calls every day.... However I've now started getting automated calls from a machine number 9163775691. It also leaves a beeping message on the answering machine. These calls are usually made at 6am or so including weekends. I've phoned BT for advice but they can't help. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

International code 91 is India ( I assume you already looked that up )

Home of the call centre !

Not sure what you can do unless you find out which company it is , once you know that then they are in for a nice fine !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

try this. It may not stop them but you may find out who is calling you

http://www.tracenumber.com/

hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

frag420 wrote: »
    try this. It may not stop them but you may find out who is calling you

http://www.tracenumber.com/

Above website will give you numbers in US and Canada only and by the looks of it the OP is being called from India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Helen2

Thanks for the help here -just a quick update. I've tried dialling the number and got nowhere. I looked it up on the trace number website and got a result for Sacramento in California. I wasn't willing to pay the 39.95 dollars for the details but posted a comment on the website complaining about the company. Still not sure if I'm on the right track and if it is in fact an Indian number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

it is an indian number as the sacremento number would show up with 1 at the start as the country code for the us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement