Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE UPRISING Sennybridge FIBUA village 8/9 August 2009

Options
  • 14-04-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Mail from TA events :)
    I am pleased to announce the details of a up and coming event by Bamako Bampots called "The Uprising". This event is to take place at the Sennybridge FIBUA village on the 8/9 August 2009 and we at TA Events are proud to be sponsoring the event.

More information can be found on the Uprising website

http://www.the-uprising.org

I for one am very excited about this event as I have been closely involved by Steve Morris as to what is being planned and I think it's going to be one hell of a game. And at £75 which includes entry in to a Friday night pistol and shotgun only competition then its excellent value for money!

So get yourself booked and I for one will see you there in August...

Regards,

Ian Wermerling

This is a Charity MILSIM game and all proceeds go to the BamakoBampots.
    There will be a special competition on the Friday night from 1800 till 0200 run by the Airsoft League which will pit teams of 5 against each other in a pistols and shotgun only timed event. The winners of this Charity league game will receive a Trophy a number of individual prizes.
    The main game will run from 12 noon Saturday through to 12 noon Sunday the next day and being MILSIM will not stop during the night. Ambient low level lighting ( red low watt) will be placed at certain points around the village to ensure that those without NVG can move and play safely whilst ensuring enough darkness that those with NVG and torches can still play strategically.

A competition will run by the Airsoft League between the hours of 1800 and 0200 on the Friday night.
    The competition will pit up to 20 teams of 5 against each other in a pistols and shotgun only timed event. The winners of this Charity league game will receive a Trophy and 2nd and 3rd place will receive runner up prizes.

Four very different sides interlocked in a very volatile situation during an intense 24 hours of adrenaline pumping, arse kicking action….and that’s just the basis of what’s to come.
    This event has so many twists and turns you will never know what’s waiting around the next corner.

General Rules
    • 18 years old (16 if accompanied by a parent or guardian who is playing)..
    • No hi cap mags for AEGs.
    • Support and Sniper weapons must have real world versions.
    FPS Limits
    • AEG: 350fps
    • Sniper (semi auto): 400 fps
    • Sniper (bolt action): 500 fps
    • Random chrono checks will take place
    Ammo Limits
    • Rifleman: 600 rounds
    • Support Weapons: 3000
    • Sniper Weapons: 100
    • Grenadiers: 8 MOSCARTS
    • Pistols and shotguns unlimited.
    Timeline

Friday - 7 August
    • 1600hrs gates open
    • 1800hrs – 0200hrs Pistol / shotgun tactical league
    Saturday - 8 August
    • 0930hrs Commanders Briefing (safety/game scenario)
    • 1000hrs Briefing (safety/game scenario)
    • 1030hrs Game on
    Sunday - 9 August
    • 1200hrs Game finish
    • 1300hrs Game Debrief and presentation of prizes
    Cost
    • £75 for weekend (includes ASL pistol and shotgun competition). £45 deposit required to secure space
    • £30 remainder on the day
    • Food served all day
    Sides
    • Private Security Force – Black/Urban
    • Government forces - Dessies and non green
    • Civilian forces - Green DPM and anything that would be taken from an army surplus store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Anyone want to become my Guardian for a weekend......

I'll have to wait till November so...

/cry

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

More then likely will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Definitely in for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ha, I make be able to make that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Maybe - Depends on the rest of the ASI guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

As it's 1 week after Red Hammer 2 and 3 weeks before Fireball '09, I very much doubt I'll be at this.

BTW, booking already seems to be open for this so, although there doesn't seem to be an upper limit of players mentioned anywhere for this event (?), it might be prudent to get yourselves sorted with a place asap if any of you definately are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

i should be heading back over. kinda wanna go as a civ but i'll do wat ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

ASI Casper wrote: »
    As it's 1 week after Red Hammer 2 and 3 weeks before Fireball '09, I very much doubt I'll be at this.

BTW, booking already seems to be open for this so, although there doesn't seem to be an upper limit of players mentioned anywhere for this event (?), it might be prudent to get yourselves sorted with a place asap if any of you definately are going.

Sides
    • Private Security Force – Black/Urban - (Limited to 16)
    • Government forces - Dessies and non green (Limited to 56)
    • Civilian forces - Green DPM and anything that would be taken from an army surplus store. (limited to 76)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

Hopefully i'll be able to make it to this one *fingers crossed*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I might make this one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Defo no for me, will be in Greece :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

should be there my self oh hang on due to the experience i had last time i Will be there fo sho :D
    with my sling backer
    r

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

moggser wrote: »
    should be there my self oh hang on due to the experience i had last time i Will be there fo sho :D
    with my sling backer
    r

Make sure to bring a spare gun for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Make sure to bring a spare gun for me.

yeah ill have something for ya alright a bleeeedin peg gun and thats your lot
    the original slingbacker

Steve from Bamako Bampots has been onto me. If we get enough people going to this in a group from Ireland he can do group ticket discounts. He seems very keen to get Irish players out.

Obviously I don't want to take advantage if it's just a handful of us going.

Barring mad **** happening in the next 4 months, I'm definitely going, and probably bringing whatever hawks fit in whatever vehicle I bring :-)

It'd be great to get as many PR3 vets (talking to you, ghosts) and new people and teams over for this. For non-berget players, it'll be a fantastic intro to a proper long-term milsim game. You won't regret it. Sennybridge kicks ass.

Can respective team captains who are thinking of going try to get back to me with rough numbers and interest, I can look into what can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

What are peoples plans regarding the post-VCRA restrictions on importing what the UK Gov precieves as "RIF's"? Be sure to look into getting a UKARA/ active skirmisher card if you have not done so already : )

IronWolf wrote: »
    What are peoples plans regarding the post-VCRA restrictions on importing what the UK Gov precieves as "RIF's"? Be sure to look into getting a UKARA/ active skirmisher card if you have not done so already : )

If you're taking a gun from ireland into the UK and returning back to ireland with it, you don't need a UKARA number, since you're not importing anything. Importing implies leaving it in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Thats great to know, thanks for the info :) Is there any kind of documentation that you need to provide to the autorities in such cases?

Thats great to know, thanks for the info :) Is there any kind of documentation that you need to provide to the autorities in such cases?

There's very little definitive in law, but advice from the PSNI at least says you should have a letter of invitation from the venue you're going to. Most venues are happy to issue this letter if you ask. An event ticket may also do. All you really need to do is have material proof that you're there as a skirmisher.

The IAA will usually issue an letter as well if requested, if you're going abroad as part of a group.

Of course you should have photo ID with at all times too.

Group of 10 just booked for this this evening. If you're booking, enter "Na Fianna" as your group, and join the party.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

whoops, forgot to text ya back dave. yeah im defo in anyway, is it too late to book altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Crap, I completely forgot about this. What side are people going on? Dessie/Tan I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You dont need any proof, you are not importing... just bringing with....

Proof required: printed site details, its enough...

As for ukara ... that is NOT official proof, its only one system of confirming one is a skirmisher. OWNERSHIP of aegs, is not restricted to skirmishers, just buying, manufacture, or sale.

btw, get on the dessie side... we are going to crush us some rebelion!

Firekitten wrote: »
    we are going to crush us some rebelion!

Yeah thats your reason, nothing to do with your new found love,

of multicam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I want to go and I want to wear green!

Rebellion! AY AY AY AY AY!

Who wants to be the 'good guy' anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

what's the general method of transport people are using to get Sennybridge?

I'm really interested in going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Ferry to Holyhead and drive from there.

The previous two times we came back via Rosslare because the Sailing times suited much better.

The Wiki Part for PR3 is still relevant, even ownto what ferries to get

http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=EventsPR3

There's an even on the friday this time (a pistols/shotguns game), so I might get the earlier ferry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

gerrowadat wrote: »
    The Wiki Part for PR3 is still relevant, even ownto what ferries to get

http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=EventsPR3

There's an even on the friday this time (a pistols/shotguns game), so I might get the earlier ferry.

Yah im hoping to get the early boat.

• Advertisement

Considering getting a few shotguns and pistols with stupid amounts of shells and mags seeming how you're allowed unlimited ammo with them....

Advertisement