Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE UPRISING Sennybridge FIBUA village 8/9 August 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The benelli clones will be well represented I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Shotguns FTW!

And I'm thinking of going green as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Go green and get Pwn't!

just ask lemming, he went green last time and we kicked them all outta the vilage 18hrs before games end. :D:p

Multicam FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Hmmm, might tag along.

Anybody booked green atm?

Multicam = Fail. Richie, you should know this by now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Definitely in for the earlier sailing. Get there, chill for a bit and then bust some gangster shizzle with the pistol game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

0830 sailing should put us there on site for about 4pm, or a little before. Better early than late, though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

Masada wrote: »
    Go green and get Pwn't!

just ask lemming, he went green last time and we kicked them all outta the vilage 18hrs before games end. :D:p

Multicam FTW!

where's your piggy gone where is yo piggy gone rofls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

most of us are on the desert side... not green. but feel free to feel my 500fps wrath. (Richie, that includes you honey)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Cant wait for this! Tis gonna be great crack!

Wait... someone's bringing crack?

• Advertisement

For those unsure about the game rules and system of play and choosing your gear for the event....
    Milsim.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I'll consider this one, but I dunno, unless Mr. Cowen decides to magically up my dole it might be a choice between this and a GBB M4, and I've got a goo on me for the auld M4.

I imagine the ferry prices etc will be similar to the last trip over, if anyone who drove over the last time can give me an after action detailing total wallet damage for transport, it'd help me make up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I'll consider this one, but I dunno, unless Mr. Cowen decides to magically up my dole it might be a choice between this and a GBB M4, and I've got a goo on me for the auld M4.

I imagine the ferry prices etc will be similar to the last trip over, if anyone who drove over the last time can give me an after action detailing total wallet damage for transport, it'd help me make up my mind.

It ended up being 350-400 total for pretty much everyone who went last time. Including ticket.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    It ended up being 350-400 total for pretty much everyone who went last time. Including ticket.

Cheers, yep, it's priced right out of the unemployed persons market then. Ah well, yet another incentive to look for work, now where did I put that xbox controller...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

Really want to go after PR3 in sennybridge.
    Many Hawks and ghosts going?
    dont want to be the only contractor going again this time!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I think theres a gang of about 10ish heading so far niell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

+1 merc

cplcummins wrote: »
    Really want to go after PR3 in sennybridge.
    Many Hawks and ghosts going?
    dont want to be the only contractor going again this time!!

I'd say both Defenderdude and myself could be convinced to look into the feasibility of going, but at €350+ euros I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to afford it. Maybe PR3 more so than the uprising, I'd have a bit longer to save up for that yin.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    , but at €350+ euros I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to afford it.

are you flying over or something
    why is it costin ya that much??

petrol
    boat
    food
    event
    ammo
    pyro (Lots of)
    this **** gets expensive... and its not like its a 200 mile drive to senny from the port.

Mercs are entirely welcome... This kitty is not missing this game for the world.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    petrol
    boat
    food
    event
    ammo
    pyro (Lots of)
    this **** gets expensive... and its not like its a 200 mile drive to senny from the port.

Mercs are entirely welcome... This kitty is not missing this game for the world.

i went to pr3 and didnt cost me that much
    and you will be travelling with someone so you split
    the costs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

boat & petrol costs can be split between people. Bear in mind that if it's €300 for the boat; that's not each, that'll be per-car. So a car with three people and gear is going to be €100 each. Event cost €100 (roughly £80) and there's the bulk of your money. Maybe throw in €20 for petrol.

So that's €220 give or take (probably less since I used a high rounded figure for the boat for sake of argument)

After that it's entirely discretionary as to what yo uspend your money on, but it'll be your own choice to do so.

Lemming wrote: »
    for sake of argument.

I'm not arguing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

After that it's entirely discretionary as to what yo uspend your money on, but it'll be your own choice to do so.

Pyro is not a choice! It's an absolute must-have, cannot do without it necessity. :p

kdouglas wrote: »
    Pyro is not a choice! It's an absolute must-have, cannot do without it necessity. :p

Like kids in a sweet shop ;)

boat & petrol costs can be split between people. Bear in mind that if it's €300 for the boat; that's not each, that'll be per-car. So a car with three people and gear is going to be €100 each. Event cost €100 (roughly £80) and there's the bulk of your money. Maybe throw in €20 for petrol.

So that's €220 give or take (probably less since I used a high rounded figure for the boat for sake of argument)

Hmmm, that's a bit more of an acceptible expense for someone who *earns* ;) €204.35 off the state each week. I mean all I'd have to do is drink 5 or 6 less pints a week for a couple of weeks and I'd be sorted, maybe even with enough for some pyro too. Drinking less might improve my aim too, damn shakes. Ok I'm going to start planning to attend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Like kids in a sweet shop ;)

Pyros are a handy back up aswell, in case your AEG strips.
    You wouldn't know about that because you have a really high quality syst..

Oh wait!

Oh wait!

My AEG didn't strip. The spring shattered (incidentally it was a systema spring) and took out the internals :p

But point aside, I am going to beat you. After I've pyro'd you to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

paul had a fun time doing this at pr3 :) ran out of ammo so just stated throwing pyros came back to the respawn after 15mins of holding people off with a massive grin on his face :)

• Advertisement

at Op nimbus moon at catterick this weekend gone i used a dogball thrower and 8 bb grenades to make _team stirling_ call in broken arrow and run... Thier commander didnt expect a bb grenade in his lap at 50m behind a brick wall :D

Advertisement