Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE UPRISING Sennybridge FIBUA village 8/9 August 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

can someone explain the new rule in airsoft,that when you are hit you can still use your comms?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yes,

As a part of the administration team for the event, i was told on leaving the building, to get onto admin coms, and contact steve, the organiser. It was an admin issue, out of game, and as such, it was entirely legit. I'm sorry for the confusion, I did explain it later to the irish lads who asked.

You probably saw me marshaling later after my in game character was killed off?

but you were changing character so often i got a headache

Yes, I was pulled from govornment to take command of the civilian force, by the organiser, because the commander dropped out...

I was sarah cohen till she was executed.

I was then part of the marshal 'NSA' team during the night.

This is what happens at roleplay events when one is part of the people keeping the storyline moving.

so your MATA HARI routine on sodo'swords at 3am was character role play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Well I had a ball at the event! Loved it to bits and cant wait for more.

Yea confusing parts alright but hell it was enjoyable.

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    so your MATA HARI routine on sodo'swords at 3am was character role play
    Eh?

When I was In ur base, usin ur doods for close protection?

Firekitten wrote: »
    Eh?

no when in our base as a marshal asking what our next mission was

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Eh?

Failure to type in conherant english will result in extreme verbal abuse.

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    no when in our base as a marshal asking what our next mission was
    since when are marshals in game? By 3am sarah cohen was dead. So i was no longer civies. If i had a high vis on, i was a marshal, and only there out of the rules. any chatting was entirely out of character... dont you skirmish much?

IF it was in blacks, with body armour and ctu badge, I was an NSA agent, and as such, a federal agent... ie, on your side. so either way not much of a problem really?

There seems a lot of confusion here.... Lucky me I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭moggser

IF it was in blacks, with body armour and ctu badge, I was an NSA agent, and as such, a federal agent... ie, on your side. so either way not much of a problem really?.

some one should of told Jack and co. that they where on our side as they laced us out of it every chance they got

Eh, I could exlain that... but at this time? I dont think the thread could survive it...

Ill quote from Hollowrock here..

"As an undercover NSA team, posing as Government Special Forces unit we had a few good moments the highlights being" etc etc

That should do it :)

but the point is,people hit shouldnt use comms
    and curse and swear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bampots_steve

Right it is not very often I jump onto another site to post about my own event even before i have put the offical endgame debrief but after reading some of this i want to clarrify once and for all some facts.

During the work up to teh game Rachel did an outstanding job on working the forums on the gov side. For reasons i do not care to go into i personally asked her if she would work her magic on the civ side.

In the story thread she was a LT COHEN in the american forces who upon hearing that her home town was going to be assaulted decided that she would protect her family.

This side switch was obviously confusing to some airsofters and for that i apologies. During the game Sarah Cohen, leader of the civilian milita was captured by the gov forces and managed to escape being chased by St Ramsay and an acomplise who then assasinated St Ramsay with a knife kill. Captain Collins upon noticing this escape attempt took his gun and gave chase.

Whether through an out of bounds area or after not would be MY mistake because I Never roped off an area as out of bounds that could not be mistaken under the heat of a chase.

That said upon her return to her civilian side they suspected her of being a traitor having originally left the gov forces and after her recent capture being aided by a fellow colleague in escaping. With this Dilema they returned the traitor to Cpt Collins to face charges.
    She was Tried and Executed for treason.

RACHEL was walking to admin after being dead and was shot in the back/side on full auto whilst unarmed - This i know because i was on the steps at admin with NV.

I know mistakes can happen and im not here to lay blame or start a flame war.

What i want to state is to clarrify a fact.
    after her character SARAH was executed, RACHEL was asked to Report to ADMIN to get ADMIN comms to help marshal and aid me in a few logistics that needed sorted.

It was obvious now reading your forum that this double switch / double traitor/sleeper scenario was not put across properly to the players and that is something i wil take to heart along with clearly marking out of bounds areas where possible.

If anyone has any issue with this or needs clarrification please contact myself directly - your team leaders have my personal details and I always aim to improve since there is no such thing as perfection.

Some parts of the game never went quite how i had dreamed but no plan survives contact with a player:)

I can say however you ALL did me and the charity proud, it is the first time i have EVER seen teams playing a full 24 hrs at ANY event. As always I welcome any and all constructive criticism and please feel free to contact me on the uprising forum or directly.

Once again I cannot tell you how proud i was and that on Sunday I had a glassey eye after endex when i finally had a minute or two to take it all in.

I would especially like to find out the Dessie i surprised at building 11 when i was INFECTED who almost shat himself as he noticed i was right behind him and unleashed bb death at me at less than 4 ft :):):):) that instinctive WHAT THE FK reaction what what i wanted :)

I hope you all truely enjoyed the scenario and will do my utmost to ensure that any future event incorporates any suggestions made.
    Steve fae the Bampots

Eh, I could exlain that... but at this time? I dont think the thread could survive it...

ok well we will leave that there then as its a different radio show after all
    ok im done its all water under the bridge now and im over it

had a great time none the less thanks to all Haws that where there was a pleasure been apart of the team

a HUGE thanks must go to gerrout for not knocking me ear drums out and tossing them in to the canal

well played Niall and P.K did us proud

legend pk and niall sorry

Thanks Steve for taking the time to post (and read and Im sure hear, the confusion that arose).

lol that is the prob i have ... i had a vision i had a dream .... i had lack of sleep :P

one of the areas that did not go to plan was the mission communications from command down to the players and the continual updates of the holow rock cronicle which detailed the execution.

Next time i have a REAL PERSON change characters i will ensure they use a different costume :):)
    perhaps a giant pink bunny like Mr bruce Willis enjoyed in a movie that a cant remember cause that would mean im WAY TO OLD :P

joking aside - u guys and girls were fkin outstanding!! and i mean it. You all did me proud. Roll on the next one

btw who here is scared of heights cause im organising a sponsored para jump - static or freefall for those with Balls big enough * ladies not excluded :P * - just remember if you have a big set it hurts when u get a harness hicky when ya pop yer chute :P

Those interested in the jump email me and ill send details of what i have planned.

RACHEL was walking to admin after being dead and was shot in the back/side on full auto whilst unarmed - This i know because i was on the steps at admin with NV.

Steve not havin a go or anything but you NV must suck as i shot her once if i can remember rightly as i wanted her to be stopped as in needing a medic so we could patch her up and take her in

but any way as i said im not having a go i enjoyed the event even tho there was some confusion it was good and look forward to next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jack s

moggser wrote: »
    some one should of told Jack and co. that they where on our side as they laced us out of it every chance they got

Jasus, I remember opening up on 9 from 22 and the SF shoutin that they had just taken it, but I really don't think I was involved in a blue on blue with the Hawks?

Otherwise, thanks to all, I had a great time it was all I thought it would be and all, great bunch of lads. I'm nackered and i really have to work on my fitness as I'm nackered now!

Cheers
    Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

btw who here is scared of heights cause im organising a sponsored para jump - static or freefall for those with Balls big enough * ladies not excluded :P * - just remember if you have a big set it hurts when u get a harness hicky when ya pop yer chute :P

If that was in game, my life would actually be complete...

Steve not havin a go or anything but you NV must suck as i shot her once if i can remember rightly as i wanted her to be stopped as in needing a medic so we could patch her up and take her in

but any way as i said im not having a go i enjoyed the event even tho there was some confusion it was good and look forward to next one

Mate not a prob chill i dont know who it was all i know is that i seen her get hit and i heard multiple aeg fire from the area - for all i know it was agressive meerkats either way it was my problem for not giving Rachel a way of identifying her as OUT OF CHARACTER so accept my apologies :)
    SIMPLES ;)

If that was in game, my life would actually be complete...

well i could throw you from admin and shout pull :):):):)

jack s wrote: »
    Jasus, I remember opening up on 9 from 22 and the SF shoutin that they had just taken it, but I really don't think I was involved in a blue on blue with the Hawks?

Otherwise, thanks to all, I had a great time it was all I thought it would be and all, great bunch of lads. I'm nackered and i really have to work on my fitness as I'm nackered now!

Cheers
    Jack

lol not you ya dingus i ment Jack Bauer and co the nsa the guys in the suits lol

Mate not a prob chill i dont know who it was all i know is that i seen her get hit and i heard multiple aeg fire from the area - for all i know it was agressive meerkats either way it was my problem for not giving Rachel a way of identifying her as OUT OF CHARACTER so accept my apologies :)
    SIMPLES ;)

its all good
    its done and dusted now and i really enjoyed it anyway so 'urry up and get nuther one sorted so i can pop out for another pint of milk:):)

its all good
    its done and dusted now and i really enjoyed it anyway so 'urry up and get nuther one sorted so i can pop out for another pint of milk:):)

LOL, I was crackin up in the woods, when you had em surrounded on Sunday morning!

im still looking for 2.5kg paul rankin new potatoes

Well done lads, that's what its about, full on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

jack s wrote: »
    Well done lads, that's what its about, full on!

Yeah i had you covered in the woods that time..

Totally..

I was only resting my eyes, so i could eh...Hear better...yes!

Though some how you and me jack just ended up epically assaulting building 7 with some pumping sound effects from the PA system at the start..

Brilliant times!

Advertisement