Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE UPRISING Sennybridge FIBUA village 8/9 August 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bampots_steve

does that mean ur all scared of heights :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

does that mean ur all scared of heights :P

I’m confident I cant use an AEG at 120+mph so you’ll have to count me out.

lol but theres room for knife kills and everything LOL

whats the difference between GOLF and Skydiving?

in golf its WHACK ......... sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Make's me proud to be a part of Irish airsoft...

QFT.

Steve, thank you for your efforts in organising what was a fun event and I look forward to seeing what scenarios are devised and to putting more money in the pot for charity at future Bamako bampots events.

Once again very much appreciated.

As for the rest of what I've read in this thread ... There is little constructive that I can add (and a lot that would be considered absolutely downright abusive). I have obverved a very distinct and concerted pattern of behaviour from one particular group of individuals and associates over the past couple of months and I have a fairly good idea of 'why' beyond disagreement with one or two members of said. The implications of this and my observations I shall not bother articulating since those involved (and it's unfair that other members of said players are getting lumped in here by association - that's not my intention and to those I will apologise) are not worth the effort and are instead worth nothing more than my utter utter contempt.

Further, not one of those involved (either in writing, or by way of thanking regardless of being in attendance at the event or not) has apologised to FireKitten or Steve for making derogatory and innuendo-laden remarks that were so far wide of the mark as to be absolutely outrageous. Each and every one of you should be utterly f*cking ashamed of yourselves and ashamed to claim to be "the irish contingent" at the event. If anyone else read this thread and asked me if I was part of said contingent I would be deeply embarrassed to claim same nationality.

In short, I am - to put it mildly - extrordinarily disappointed and I would say disgusted at the conduct displayed by long standing members of the Irish airsoft community.

To wit, this entire debacle gives me pause to consider whether or not I should remain within the airsoft community of the republic of Ireland.

its two days on and i am whacked ...... the stress has really finally sunk in lol

Ok I have something to ask of all of you, well several things:

You all helped raise a tremendous amount for the charity - the final figure will be announced at the weekend - be proud but humble and pat each other on the back.

No scenario or rule or event survives contact with the players :) ask any organiser. That said however where there were glitches you all accepted the changes when admin intervened to sort **** out. FOR THAT I THANK YOU ALL.

Now this is the important one.....................

would you attend another?

Is there a FIBUA site in Eire/Ireland that we could use for a fundraiser or a site over there that we could sort a fundraiser with?

What would you change or improve or maybe bits that we left out that we should of included?

dont post just now have a think and we will be putting up a feedback page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Steve.
    Thank you for the weekend of the year.
    Delta Zero, out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

its two days on and i am whacked ...... the stress has really finally sunk in lol

Ok I have something to ask of all of you, well several things:

You all helped raise a tremendous amount for the charity - the final figure will be announced at the weekend - be proud but humble and pat each other on the back.

No scenario or rule or event survives contact with the players :) ask any organiser. That said however where there were glitches you all accepted the changes when admin intervened to sort **** out. FOR THAT I THANK YOU ALL.

Now this is the important one.....................

would you attend another?

Is there a FIBUA site in Eire/Ireland that we could use for a fundraiser or a site over there that we could sort a fundraiser with?

What would you change or improve or maybe bits that we left out that we should of included?

dont post just now have a think and we will be putting up a feedback page

Very well run event and congratulations to yourself and the everyone else that made it happen.

As always, the gameplay from all who attended was very good and honourable.

Many thanks also to the commanders of both sides who I'm sure had a lot on their plate.

As regards running a game on a site in Ireland, there's nothing that really compares to sennybridge, but it might be worth looking into.

would any of the site organisers over there be willing to run a site day and donate the proceeds to the charity?

I dont know how big the Irish scene is or whether there are dedicated skirmish sites in use?
    if anyone has suggestions please email me steve.morris@bamakobampots.org

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Lemming wrote: »
    To wit, this entire debacle gives me pause to consider whether or not I should remain within the airsoft community of the republic of Ireland.

After that post I'm telling you that you won't be overly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

After that post I'm telling you that you won't be overly missed.

What does that achieve? Nothing.

People need to step back here and cop on, and put down the handbags/keyboards. Seriously, everyone, I'm not getting involved but its a pain in the hole to read.

Sounds like it was a good event, sorry to say I bailed on the whole thing, moving house etc. (yeah I know some people managed it :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Sounds like it was a good event, sorry to say I bailed on the whole thing, moving house etc. (yeah I know some people managed it :P)

You are inferior to me :D

Well i've said from the start that none of it mattered and won't lead to anything and it was a great game, but being told that everyone of us who went should be 'F*cking ashamed' of ourselves, that's boiling point for me.

I've tried reasoning, I even apologized, and then for this to still come out.

I am really really pissed to say the least.

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    You are inferior to me :D

I was in Italy a week longer than you were in France, I win the excuse game, go me!

Besides, it is apparent you don't even live here at all!

Are there any pics up yet from this marvellous event?

thre are a number of pics links are under the-uprising forum and hires ones will be hosted on fragphotos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

but being told that everyone of us who went should be 'F*cking ashamed' of ourselves, that's boiling point for me.

I suggest that you re-read what I wrote. You'll find that that is not what I said. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

I don't do facebook and I cant see any on frag.

The FB ones you need to be logged in, frag will have them soon.

Lemming wrote: »
    I suggest that you re-read what I wrote. You'll find that that is not what I said. At all.

I do believe i owe you an apology.

I read it and gots the rage sorry.

The FB ones you need to be logged in, frag will have them soon.

yup frag will have them up real soon but he does have over 3000 shots to composit :) so bear with him

in hte mean time have a look at http://hollowrock.the-uprising.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=201

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I do believe i owe you an apology.

I read it and gots the rage sorry.

Mate dont try be me, it doesn't suit you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Mate dont try be me, it doesn't suit you ;)

Can't we all just get along, wont somebody think of the children!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jack s

Yeah i had you covered in the woods that time..

Totally..

I was only resting my eyes, so i could eh...Hear better...yes!

Though some how you and me jack just ended up epically assaulting building 7 with some pumping sound effects from the PA system at the start..

Brilliant times!

Epic, what about the mk 5 that came back, jasus I never ran so quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

616328851_Lgm6w-XL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Lol, nice photo!

While you are all posing some of us were actually doing something constructive....

....think I was taking a dump in that dodgy slanty jacks.

That was when the game was finished....

So if by constructive you mean raiding the burger van, then yes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

oooooooooooooo

Jack got multicam haha

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Any chance you could name the people in the photos? Not realnames just user names?? I recognise gerrowadat from other pictures but it would be nice to put a name to a face for when I eventually get to other sites!!
    Cheers
    Smoker..

Smokerkl wrote: »
    Any chance you could name the people in the photos? Not realnames just user names?? I recognise gerrowadat from other pictures but it would be nice to put a name to a face for when I eventually get to other sites!!
    Cheers
    Smoker..

Going from left to right.

Well the two lads in ACU arn't on boards and were added to our section, but they were 'Tomo' and 'Mr Pink'.
    Then there's Kdouglas, Gerrout, Dr Pepper, Alternate ID, PK, Jack S and then Myself.

Also there, but not in the picture was Moggser, Diceman 7, Connor- MR2 and Gary, who doesn't have a user name, or so i think.

Don't think i've left anyone out, hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Going from left to right.

Well the two lads in ACU arn't on boards and were added to our section, but they were 'Tomo' and 'Mr Pink'.
    Then there's Kdouglas, Gerrout, Dr Pepper, Alternate ID, PK, Jack S and then Myself.

Also there, but not in the picture was Moggser, Diceman 7, Connor- MR2 and Gary, who doesn't have a user name, or so i think.

Don't think i've left anyone out, hopefully.

Cheers Swords.
    Smoker..

Advertisement