Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

politics , language, warning

Options
  • 14-04-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

i have just gotten a warning from one GUAN YIN,

for bad language in the politics forum, which is my favourite forum, by the way, highlight of the boards for me,

but i made sure that the alleged swear words were incorrectly spelled ,as to not offend ,the same as everyone else does,

now i question with good reason ,has every other member of the boards gotten the same warning ,because i have read some rude stuff with real spelling on other posts apart from my ones, which are misspelt.

and i also see another thread about our native tongue being discriminated against by the same mod.

now i do not want to cause a problem or a fuss or any trouble but i simply want this warning removed because it is unfair and a form of intimidation to single me out from thousands with such a warning

thank you
    leitrim lad

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Link to what you are talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

i dont know how to link things i have just figured out in recent days how to thank people and what quote means,

but i think ir is morally unjust to single out one person when the majority of members on the boards use language in such a way

and as you are aware i do not want to get banned from politics, as i have a strong interest in it coming from a politicaly backed family

thank you
    leitrim lad

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hagar dropped me a PM and seems to think you are talking about the same topic on this thread which was resolved this morning.

fair enough then so i just was a little worried that i might be banned from politics again,

sorry for bothering you berutheil

and thanks
    leitrim lad

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Inappropriate language warning seems to be for this.

Reading the post, I see the following:
    another example of media corruption was that doherty boll1x going on the late late show to run down the senate, the pr1ck couldnt name one member of the senate, let alone what they do

The separate native tongue issue appears to have been previously dealt with to reasonable satisfaction on all sides as far as I can see.

• Advertisement

yes but now scofflaw has put the spanner in the works, and i will make scofflaw remove it too,

i got a pm while i was off line from scofflaw telling me that i was more or less not entitled to complain at the help desk and that i was banned from politics ,for what i ask

the ban said i was banned for making too far many complaints at the help desk ,thats what the help desk is for,

i want the ban removed with immeadiate effect and an apologie from scofflaw ,what sort of an intimidating mod is scofflaw , not allowing people to complain or appeal their bans or warnings,

thats a form of bullying, scofflaw is meerly telling me im banned from politics ,because i appealed a warning and thats wrong, i want the ban lifted now,

it is also undemocratic, and a breach of human rights, to disallow someone complain if they feel they have been done wrong by,

now i insist this ban be lifted and i am still awaiting the sorry from scofflaw, anyone with this sort of attitude should under no circumstances be a moderator

since i have not heard a reply to my satisfaction from this online bullying that i have fallen victim to

i hearby request the following

i wish for scofflaw to step down and resign/be removed from scofflaws position as a mod on this site,

for the following

intimidating another member,
    online bullying,
    and breach of ordinary human rights, ie the right to appeal

for the above i also expect an apology and the unjust ban from politics be lifred with immeadiate effect

leitrim lad

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm sorry, did we sign a service level agreement with you? A promise of replies within 30 minutes of posting? I don't think so, somehow. That or someone didn't send me the paperwork.. /sarcasm

I'm sure the people you've been dealing with will come back to you when they have a chance. Frankly, throwing attitude around will most certainly not help any case you may be trying to make. Take a deep breath, relax, and wait. The forum isn't going anywhere, nor is the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You were banned for trolling and continued breach of the Politics forum rules.

The ban will not be lifted.

• Advertisement

o yes the ban will be lifted i am not the only one having problems with the mods on the politics section,

the politics section is not for the faint hearted , and is there for debates on politics ,

not for mods to bully people and over exagerate things, by making up the rules as they go along,

now i am asking that the following step down as mods

guan yin because you are abviously a raceist when you wont let people use phrases in our native tongue, do you expect us to start calling the taoiseach , a prime minister next do you

scofflaw, and oscar bravo i expect the 2 of you to be gone by now for your part in your corruption and bullying,

this is an outrage that i am being singled out by corrupt bullies for having honest debates with others, i was even commented on having good points and being a dooer rather than a bullsh1ter, and i was also commended on the funniest thread yet ,

now i am sick of the bullsh1t from these 3 individuals and so are others, so its time for them to go,

and get my ban lifted now ,along with the apoligy from the 3 of you for your bullying and corruption or else i will have to notify my solicitors about this intimidative ,defamatry conduct

leitrim lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

o yes the ban will be lifted i am not the only one having problems with the mods on the politics section,
    I bet it won't.
    guan yin because you are abviously a raceist when you wont let people use phrases in our native tongue
    1. Since when is "Irish" a race?
    2. I don't believe I stop people use phrases in their native tongue, I just expect bilingualism/

now i am sick of the bullsh1t from these 3 individuals and so are others, so its time for them to go,

and get my ban lifted now ,along with the apoligy from the 3 of you for your bullying and corruption or else i will have to notify my solicitors about this intimidative ,defamatry conduct

leitrim lad

bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

leitrim lad, take a 7 day break from the site for the legal threats and use this time to calm down, thanks.

Advertisement