Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Cachaça?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I love to make Caipirinhas, but I have just ran out of Cachaça, can anyone tell me where I can buy a bottle or case of it in Dublin??

Peter
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Check you local Lidl.

They have some in their promotions. IIRC it was €20 for 750ml

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

O'Briens stock it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

actually another drink i love ..... how do you make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flz

Martron wrote: »
    actually another drink i love ..... how do you make it.

Cachaca, lime (half to one), sugar syrup (or caster sugar) to taste. Muddle the lime with the sugar syurp in a lowball, add the ice and the cachaca.

Never seen any in lidl in pottery road or in deans grange, guess i'll get some in that shop in dawson street when i get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Redmonds in ranelagh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

flz wrote: »
    Cachaca, lime (half to one), sugar syrup (or caster sugar) to taste. Muddle the lime with the sugar syurp in a lowball, add the ice and the cachaca.

Or, if you have a drinks mixer, shot of cachaca, half a lime (cut into segments and squeezed), two teaspoons of sugar and a fair bit of ice. Shake until the ice is fairly crushed, then pour into the glass.

In Brazil, a 1L bottle of cachaca costs about €2 (most other drinks are just below Irish prices).

If you can't get cachaca, a strong rum will do. Cachaca on its own tastes like ashtray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

there is an alternative available called Pitu as well

Advertisement