Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wired vs wireless alarm system

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

losing the plot more like.
    Does this guy actually install alarms?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭oldhead

altor wrote: »
    whats this post all about then ? did you loose the plans..
    Altor, you are the lost one here, what has any of this got to do with plans

koolkid wrote: »
    losing the plot more like.
    Does this guy actually install alarms?
    What are you trying to say?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

oldhead wrote: »
    Do you not have to change the batteries in a wireless system? I would def go for a wired system. Much more secure for starters!!!!!!!

i think its funny how you can criticizes anyone giving there option here, you clearly dont know what your talking about.. have you ever installed an alarm ?

i think its funny how you can criticizes anyone giving there option here, you clearly dont know what your talking about.. have you ever installed an alarm ?
    Oh look another expert, i never criticized anyone,i was only giving my opinion, im not the one saying to listen to the "EXPERTS"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What are you trying to say?????????
    I thought that was obvious. But I'll spell it out slowly for you

Do... you...actually ...install .....alarms???
    Oh look another expert, i never criticized anyone,i was only giving my opinion, im not the one saying to listen to the "EXPERTS"

Are you looking for advice here or do you just think you know more than the professionals here.
    You dont know what you are talking about & you cant take advice from people who do.

i know you where given your opinion but so was i as an installer who installs alarms every day.. you said earlier about running cables correctly and neatly damaged cables would not be an issue. how do you know, can you back this up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

id go for wired any day.
    can a wireless alarm system be over come , yes , of course it can .
    do you really think if people can crack a 128 bit encrypted wireless network in 60 seconds the cant replicate a 10 bit intelligent signal .
    don't be naive, alto the probability of someone, that steals from houses having the desire or the intelligence to be able to do it are slim.
    wired alarms can be over come to ,
    bottom line is if someone really wants to get into your house they will ,an alarm is a good deterrent. dose the prospective burglar know what type of alarm you have !?

I thought that was obvious. But I'll spell it out slowly for you

Do... you...actually ...install .....alarms???

Are you looking for advice here or do you just think you know more than the professionals here.
    You dont know what you are talking about & you cant take advice from people who do.
    Such a smartass,all i can say is god help your customers, and your none stop, always right advice,

Such a smartass,all i can say is god help your customers, and your none stop,
    It would seem you need spelling lessons also.
    always right advice,
    Exactly. Thats the reason why I've done so well in this business for over 25 years:D

• Advertisement

steifanc wrote: »
    id go for wired any day.
    do you really think if people can crack a 128 bit encrypted wireless network in 60 seconds the cant replicate a 10 bit intelligent signal .
    don't be naive, alto the probability of someone that steals from houses having the desire or the intelligence to be able to do it are slim.
    wired alarms can be over come to ,
    bottom line is if someone really wants to get into your house they will ,an alarm is a good deterrent. dose the prospective burglar know what type of alarm you have !?
    thank you, its nice to finally meet someone with common sense

id go for wired any day.

Can you please post some facts to back up that statement?

It would seem you need spelling lessons also.
    Exactly. Thats the reason why I've done so well in this business for over 25 years:D
    well it looks like you would want to go on a refresher course then if you are that long in business, get up to date with todays techology.

thank you, its nice to finally meet someone with common sense

how could he be wrong.. he said both the wired and wirefree could be broken into if a bugler wanted to..

Careful there Steifanc, you are dealing there with so called "EXPERTS" hahahahahah

Can you please post some facts to back up that statement?

what facts would that be , that a bit encrypted network cant be replicated ?
    all networks follow an ISO model and stack protocols in the same way ,
    its really not that hard if you know what to look for,

well it looks like you would want to go on a refresher course then if you are that long in business, get up to date with todays techology.

Can you explain??
    You are not making sense here.
    Wireless is the latest technology. I thought it was you who had a problem using this technology.
    Have I missed something???:confused::p

how could he be wrong.. he said both the wired and wirefree could be broken into if a bugler wanted to..
    he stated that a wireless system can be overcome, try and keep up there altor

what facts would that be , that a bit encrypted network cant be replicated ?
    all networks follow an ISO model and stack protocols in the same way ,
    its really not that hard if you know what to look for,
    But yet it doesnt happen..
    Any facts & figures? No?

thats not it oldhead.. if you give an opinion, at lease be able to back it up

• Advertisement

Careful there Steifanc, you are dealing there with so called "EXPERTS" hahahahahah

i have no dough that they are "experts" I'm not trying to relieve them of there expertise,
    I'm only stating the fact that wireless networks can be overcome,
    I'm sure a expert alarm installer doesn't know the logic behind data encryption or transmission .

he stated that a wireless system can be overcome, try and keep up there altor

read it again oldhead...

But yet it doesnt happen..
    Any facts & figures? No?
    You dont know that it doesnt happen,

I know if it did I would know about it.
    Still no facts or figures

read it again oldhead...
    i could'nt be arsed. my point from the begininng was that wireless systems can be over come, and ye said that they couldnt, dont be afraid of new techology

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lads enough of the handbags

Both wireless and wired have their pro's and cons. I use the Aritech wireless stuff and I am experiencing more and more problems with other radio devices interfering with the transmissions lately. Portable phones operate on the same frequency (433 Mhz) as their equipment and more stuff such as wireless door bells and domestic video senders can cause problems too.

I would go wired if it was possible for a number of reasons, the sensors are much smaller and tidier, proper wireless equipment is expensive and its also getting harder and harder to compete with Eircom. A good Engineer can normally wire a house very neatly and you would be surprised where and how cables can be hidden.

Its not always possible to wire an alarm and thats where the wireless comes in, no mess drilling the house and its installed very quickly too.

The new HKC wireless stuff will operated at a much high frequency, well out of range of the unwanted transmissions and I hear Aritechs new Panel will eventually operate at that frequency too so the wireless stuff will be much more problem free in the near future.

I know if it did I would know about it.
    Still no facts or figures
    Oh so you have accessto every alarm system in The World do you

Lads enough of the handbags

Both wireless and wired have their pro's and cons. I use the Aritech wireless stuff and I am experiencing more and more problems with other radio devices interfering with the transmissions lately. Portable phones operate on the same frequency (433 Mhz) as their equipment and more stuff such as wireless door bells and domestic video senders can cause problems too.

I would go wired if it was possible for a number of reasons, the sensors are much smaller and tidier, proper wireless equipment is expensive and its also getting harder and harder to compete with Eircom. A good Engineer can normally wire a house very neatly and you would be surprised where and how cables can be hidden.

Its not always possible to wire an alarm and thats where the wireless comes in, no mess drilling the house and its installed very quickly too.

The new HKC wireless stuff will operated at a much high frequency, well out of range of the unwanted transmissions and I hear Aritechs new Panel will eventually operate at that frequency too so the wireless stuff will be much more problem free in the near future.
    Cheers fred

dont be afraid of new techology
    You dont want to use new technology yet you post not to be afraid of it?? Do you feel you are making sense here??

• Advertisement

i have no dough that they are "experts" I'm not trying to relieve them of there expertise,
    I'm only stating the fact that wireless networks can be overcome,
    I'm sure a expert alarm installer doesn't know the logic behind data encryption or transmission .
    im shocked that they dont, they are "experts"

Advertisement