Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find out who owns a building?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

there's a property I'd like to talk to the owner about buying in the current market but I have no idea how to find out who owns the buildling. It's rented as flats at the moment and it's not in great repair but I think I'd like to do something with it.

Can anyone tell me how I go about finding out who owns it? (As far as I can tell the tenants at the moment are all foreign so I think they might not tell me if I try the direct knocking on the door approach in case they think I'm the law or something!)

Thanking you for your time...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could ask at your local library if you can look at their Thom's Directory. It lists businesses and residents by street addresses.
    Thom's have an online directory but you have to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cagedbiker

Oh, great, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Property Registration Authority will tell you, but it's not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

land registry if it's registered, will cost you but only pennies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Stick a letter in the door for the attention of the landlord is the quickest way. It is pretty difficult to find out and time consuming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement