Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will apps work on an iPod Touch?

• 14-04-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

This might be a dumb question, but I'm thinking of buying a 32gb iPod Touch as they're cheap where I might be going to visit a relative.

I was wondering will all apps work on it as they do on the iPhone 3G?

Also does the iPod Touch have a microphone that would mean you could use it for Skype and as a dictaphone?

THanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Almost all apps work on both -- some are a bit hairy if your iPod doesn't have the extra hardware, such as GPS.

AFAIK, the latest generation iPod Touch does not have a microphone but does have a speaker. You can get a microphone adapter for around €20 or less. It looks like a drawing pin. Just insert it in the headphone port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

thanks for that. Hopefully I'll get my hands on one and the mic adaptor in due course

Advertisement