Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork Meet?

• 14-04-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Quite simply, would anyone be up for some sort of meet in Cork? I have no idea what direction this would take, I'm just throwing the question out there.

I'm in! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'm in kerry depending on the location I'd give a blast down. so where on cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

sheesh wrote: »
    I'm in kerry depending on the location I'd give a blast down. so where on cork?

I didn't really have anything/anywhere in mind, I'm open to suggestions. Mind you, Kinsale appeals to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 megna

I'm in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

depends on the date / time, but I'd be interested....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was down in Currabinny at the weekend and the Bluebells are starting to pop up in the forest if that's your thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Date dependant I'm in. Location I'm open. Have car so can transport a couple of bodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

im in anyway,just dont make it a friday or sayurday evening if poss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Good idea colblimp
    emul wrote: »
    Date dependant I'm in. Location I'm open

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

If you do decide to head to Kinsale, that would be cool. I live nearby and can provide some local knowledge if that'd be helpful. I'm assume you'd be looking to actually take photos? There's plenty of old buildings, pub fronts, candid opportunities etc if that's what floats your boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 d4an

I'm also from Kinsale and would love to help out, depends on date of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Ye id be interested too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

I'd be interested also

OK so we have 11 peeps interested in this. I reckon a Saturday or Sunday sometime in May would be favourite so, how does Sunday 10th May in Kinsale sound to everyone? :confused:

I think the best way to do it would be for everyone to meet up at X:00 and then decide what to do from there. :)

So, unless lots of you can't make it on 10th May and someone else has a better suggestion, that's the date. Mind you, if someone else wants to organise it... :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its generally a good idea to set out what you'd do for the day before hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'm interested date and location dependant

trishw78 wrote: »
    I'm interested date and location dependant

If you go back a page, you'll see the date and location...

As for deciding what to do, I thought we'd take some pics, have something to eat, perhaps a drink and then take some more pics? Or does it need to be more structured than that? I'm not into structure, I like to go with the flow! If anyone has any better suggestions than that, let them be known!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Best to structure it from the view of where you plan on taking pics, your going to stay in kinsale for thr whole day or drive to other places etc

Not sure if I can make Sunday 10th May, I am available for the 9th alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 megna

Sat & Sun (9&10 May) fine for me, at any time :)

• Advertisement

I might not be around on that Sunday but I can try to move the trip to the in-laws if that's definitely the date. I could also make the morning of the Saturday 9th.

What time were you thinking? Morning or afternoon? I'd suggest the morning (maybe 10-11) so that there's relatively few people around before everyone arrives from Cork for Sunday lunch.

OK, how about Saturday 9th May at 10am? If that date doesn't suit then it'll have to be put back until after the Cork marathon, which is on Monday 1st June, as I'm running in the relay.

If any Kinsale residents have any suggestions about where to meet/what to do/where to go, could they give us a clue? BTW, I don't drive so it's good old Bus Eireann for me!

colblimp where are you traveling from?

We could spend sometime in and around the town even tough its not at its best at the moment they are doing the main drainage (alot of wire fencing and machinery around)they might be finished by than!!,After that we could go over to Charles fort and down by the water edge there is also James fort across the way, if people are up for it we could go to sandy cove about 5 min drive from the town. Will we meet outside super valu its in the middle of Kinsale?

d4an wrote: »
    colblimp where are you traveling from?

We could spend sometime in and around the town even tough its not at its best at the moment they are doing the main drainage (alot of wire fencing and machinery around)they might be finished by than!!,After that we could go over to Charles fort and down by the water edge there is also James fort across the way, if people are up for it we could go to sandy cove about 5 min drive from the town. Will we meet outside super valu its in the middle of Kinsale?

I'm travelling from Cork. Meeting at Super Valu would be spot on.

Your ideas sound good, I think they're the way to go... :D

colblimp wrote: »
    If any Kinsale residents have any suggestions about where to meet/what to do/where to go, could they give us a clue?

It's the Kinsale Vintage Car Rally that weekend so there should be plenty of old cars around the town to photograph. I'll see if I can get some more detailed info. The weather is forecast as clouds + light rains but hopefully we'll get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Unfortunately will have to bow out, Photoshop course takes priority. Happy snapping look forward to joining the next event.

Are we still on for tomorrow ?

d4an wrote: »
    Are we still on for tomorrow ?

Unbelievably, I can't make tomorrow so I'm going to reschedule. I received a phone call today inviting me to a job interview tomorrow morning and, seeing as I'm out of work at the moment, I have to attend and try and get the damn job.

If people want to meet up tomorrow, go ahead. I'll be up for a trip in a few weeks, after the Cork marathon. Sorry guys...

Oh well, anyone else going?

I'll head down to Kinsale anyway as the Vintage cars will be around in the morning. As long as the rain holds off I'll spend a bit of time shooting them (I'll be the guy with a Smugmug strap)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm going to be in Cork next weekend.

If anyone is interested, can look at doing something on the Saturday maybe? Failing that, I'll go to Kerry instead.

Did anyone else make it? There was quite a few SLR-wielding photographers but I couldn't tell if they were forum members. Anyway, here's a few shots I took of the Vintage Car Rally (more in the album)

534214701_RF6En-M.jpg

534210940_phMJJ-M.jpg

534209632_HehQL-M.jpg

534232070_RPqVB-M.jpg

Calina wrote: »
    I'm going to be in Cork next weekend.

If anyone is interested, can look at doing something on the Saturday maybe? Failing that, I'll go to Kerry instead.

I'd be interested in that, but could only make it after 14:45 in the City Centre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Did anyone else make it

Like he said, did this go ahead?

bogman wrote: »
    Like he said, did this go ahead?

As far as I'm aware, it didn't... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

your asking 3 months later :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement