Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom business packages, 12 x 2 and 24 x 1

Options
  • 14-04-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

http://business.eircom.net/broadband/packages/

So it looks like Eircom have finally gotten rid of their ridiculously overpriced €169 + vat product.

So which one are you going to change to 12 x 2 or 24 x 1? I'm not sure myself yet! :pac:

There was an auto update on my own package from

10234 / 828 Kbps (rx/tx)

12282 / 1021 Kbps (rx/tx)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Yeah, I noticed my line has gone from 12282/1022 to 12282/2044. I assume since the 24/1 package is the same price as 12/2, I can ring up and ask to change to 24/1 as I'd rather the extra download capacity than the extra 1mb upload!

Just noticed on their website they still insist that 12mb is only available in 40 exchanges.. yet, I have it on the Santry exchange which is NOT on their list of available exchanges!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Yea you can lynchie, syncing at 19296 / 1021 now. 2 megabytes per second from heanet ftp. That'll do :)

Told me upgrade might take 10 working days, but it was completed in a few minutes. 1800 512 128

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

Wonder if they'll ever give residental 12 or 24mb. Seen as BT do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

or if it will be rolled out to the wholesale BT,Imagine, Perlico etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

or if it will be rolled out to the wholesale BT,Imagine, Perlico etc

Those packages are available to all wholesale customers.. Whether they release them for residential or business customers is up to themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

40 exchanges my ass, even eircom admit it is available in over 200 exchanges , eg here

The full exchange list is HERE , nearer 300 of them than 40 . I will update it later this week .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

They got rid of the cap for the 7.6meg business package.

Advertisement