Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Die Hard 1to4 €12.99

• 14-04-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Die Hard Quadrilogy on play.com is €12.99
    Dunno if this is a particularly good deal but ill post it anyways as they are good movies.

Yippykiyay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good price!

Tis 1c cheaper from Amazon, but excludes P&P.

But it'll still work out cheaper than Play.com!

Buy it @ Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

basquille wrote: »
    Good price!

Tis 1c cheaper from Amazon, but excludes P&P.

But it'll still work out cheaper than Play.com!

Buy it @ Amazon

P&P is free with play.com though so how would it work out cheaper?

Edit: just checked amazon.co.uk they charge 1.50 for delivery, converted to euro its 12.90 deliveredso if you order from amazon you save 9 cents, Thats assuming your credit cardcompay uses XE exchange rates, i doubt it does though as they usually charge a few cents higher!

ORDER FROM PLAY.COM:D

Hogzy wrote: »
    P&P is free with play.com though so how would it work out cheaper?
    Because Play force you to pay in an inflated exchange rate, whereas you can pay in sterling with Amazon.
    Edit: just checked amazon.co.uk they charge 1.50 for delivery, converted to euro its 12.90 deliveredso if you order from amazon you save 9 cents, Thats assuming your credit cardcompay uses XE exchange rates, i doubt it does though as they usually charge a few cents higher!
    Maybe it says delivery is £1.50 in their Help, but that's never right!

I went through to checkout and was charged a measly 56p for delivery to Ireland for it!

See attached image!

So Amazon's £10.54 (or roughly €11.80) vs Play.com's forced €12.99?
    ORDER FROM PLAY.COM:D
    But by all means, order from Play.com! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Basquille, I flippin hate you:mad::mad: I had just cleared my credit card but I'll have to buy this. Don't post up anymore box-sets bargains, I'm addicted to them:cool: and can't but buy them.

lindtee wrote: »
    Basquille, I flippin hate you:mad::mad: I had just cleared my credit card but I'll have to buy this. Don't post up anymore box-sets bargains, I'm addicted to them:cool: and can't but buy them.
    Hogzy posted the original bargain.. so I'm not all to blame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

basquille wrote: »
    Hogzy posted the original bargain.. so I'm not all to blame!

but I want to blame you!!:pac::pac: (plus I didn't realise it was Hogzy who posted up the OP:o:o)(Thanks Hogzy!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carparkcruiser

what are play.com like for delivery times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

what are play.com like for delivery times

Order now, probably here monday or Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Great price, 4 of my favourite movies of all time.!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Visa Exchange Rates - use these rates to get a true total rather than xe.com
    Effective: Apr 15, 2009

1 EUR = 0.89 GBP / 1 GBP = 1.13 EUR

• Advertisement
Advertisement