Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aspnet_regiis -ga equivalent for ASP.NET 1.1?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to configure an application pool to run under a domain-level service user and having some problems with 'App Pool Identity is invalid' errors. This user is required in order to provide access to a SQL Server 2005 database and the Active Directory.

From my googling, I've discovered that the 'aspnet_regiis -ga' command would grant the user the necessary permissions to run the app pool if the application was running under .NET 2.0.

Does anyone know what permissions this command actually grants? Or if there's an equivalent for .Net 1.1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

No equivalent for 1.1

MS have a potential workaround here (you've not been very specific so I can't tell exactly if this will solve the problem you have) here

Some more useful info here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

you could also use http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896642.aspx
    lets you see what dlls are being accessed by a process and why the access failed.

you can normally figure the permissions from this

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks guys, plenty for me to get stuck into there!

Advertisement