Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we pay full fees when on work placement (3rd year computing)

• 14-04-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is something that never crossed my mind until somebody told me the other day. When I go into 3rd year computing next year will I pay full fees ~€5000 even though the second semester involves a 6 month work placement and is treated as just one module on the course.

Do the college expect us to pay full whack even though we will only have 1 module in the second semester?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Hey there, no you don't pay full fees :D

Brilliant isn't it? The only way you'd pay is if you don't get a placement, then you'd have to do the Cisco course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Hey there, no you don't pay full fees :D

Brilliant isn't it? The only way you'd pay is if you don't get a placement, then you'd have to do the Cisco course.

Cool, so its just half then yes?

Yip as far as i remember.. You might have to pay 150euro for the 'placement' some sort of administration fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

you pay 3/4's of the years cost.

They tried to get me to pay for the full year. Sent me giro after giro. Sandra i think her name is in student fees/accounting.. shes a bit slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

red_ice wrote: »
    you pay 3/4's of the years cost.

They tried to get me to pay for the full year. Sent me giro after giro. Sandra i think her name is in student fees/accounting.. shes a bit slow.

Oh!

I dealt with her this year and she was so helpful, didn't think she was that slow tbh!

• Advertisement

She wrecks my head! Never sent me my Giro... I was begging them to post one out, had to go to the office to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gcdwebmaster

The cost in 2008-2009 for the year full time with placement
    full time 4 core modules @ €750 + €895 for work placement - 3,895

The cost in 2008-2009 for the year full time with placement
    full time 7 modules @ €750 no work placement - 5,250

Advertisement