Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pampers offers out there?

• 14-04-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi guys

My stock of Pampers nappies for little one is getting low.... so wondering where has any offers on them at the moment. (No plans to go over the border for a while, hence why stock is low, and no family coming from UK with space in their case).

I can easily get to Waterford / Clonmel / Kilkenny.

TIA for any suggestions.

Fran

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

having raised 3, my advice is simply move from Pampers to either Lidl or Aldi, not only streets cheaper, better too

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    thanks for the thought, but having tried all brands (Lidl and Aldi, as well as Morrisons, Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda whilst living in the UK and Huggies), pampers is the brand that fits the best and is less likely to leak on my lad. I also use fewer pampers in a day than if I am using a different nappy.

This is why I was asking about this brand.

Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

best i'm seeing lately is €13.99 for a jumbo box in costcutter in thurles. dunnes or tesco don't have much at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

dunnes mega box...16.49 got loads today......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In Tesco s Waterford (if the giga and megas are not on the floor ask, they came in for 1st Tuesday)

jumbo boxes for 2 for €25 (about 160 nappies)
    giga packs for 21.99 (about 160 nappies)
    mega packs for 16.49 about 111 nappies
    2 x ecc packs for €18 about 100 nappies

Mind if I ask why you find Pamapers so good. They cost a fair bit more than Tesco etc and they can be a bit small fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Mind if I ask why you find Pamapers so good. They cost a fair bit more than Tesco etc and they can be a bit small fitting.

Being English I pop over to the UK on a fairly regular basis, so usually buy my pampers over there (which works out a lot cheaper than buying own brand over here). Tesco is actually my second choice nappy. I just find that pampers hold more liquid before they start leaking and he can wear one all night long without a change - where as Tesco or the others have to have a change in the night. Never noticed the small fitting issue you mention?
    Huggies as a side note always leak around his leg.

Everytime he goes up a nappy size I try a few different brands again, but I still keep going back to Pampers as they are what works for us.

Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I've heard good things about aldi and lidl nappies. Just as good and so much cheaper. Am on first baby and only 10 weeks old so no brand loyalty so far. Anyone else used lidl or aldi?

Advertisement