Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Voyager 2110

Options
  • 14-04-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if the ROI version of this router will work with other ISP's...or failing that, if there's a site where I can uh...well...you know what!

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Try it, why wouldn't it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

exaisle wrote: »
    Anybody know if the ROI version of this router will work with other ISP's...or failing that, if there's a site where I can uh...well...you know what!

D.

It should work. Do you have the router?? Some of them may be locked to certain settings. You should log into the router - http://192.168.1.1 - click advanced, advanced again and go through the quick set up settings. You should be able to change all of the settings. If you can, you are sorted.:D

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Try it, why wouldn't it work?

Because some routers may be locked to a certain provider. Also, not that it is likely to happen, you need to be able to input the settings for that connection.

For example, in ROI we use PPPoE with VPI 8 and VCI 35

In the UK, they use PPPoA with VPI 0 and VCI 38

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

aktelmiele wrote: »
    Because some routers may be locked to a certain provider. Also, not that it is likely to happen, you need to be able to input the settings for that connection.

For example, in ROI we use PPPoE with VPI 8 and VCI 35

In the UK, they use PPPoA with VPI 0 and VCI 38

He said it was a ROI router, I don't of any phone line broadband operators that lock their modems/routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm with BT and have a Voyager 2110, but have switched back to my old eircom router as I could upgrade the aerials on it to boost the wireless signal. No issues going the other way...

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

daveyjoe wrote: »
    He said it was a ROI router, I don't of any phone line broadband operators that lock their modems/routers.

BT in the UK lock some of their routers

I don't think the 2110 is one of them tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

I have set up the bt voyager 2110 and it works with eircom:) great but the annoying thing is that I have to go into the settings http://192.168.1.1/ and click connect every day I want to go onto the net. What settings do I have to change so I don't have to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    I have set up the bt voyager 2110 and it works with eircom:) great but the annoying thing is that I have to go into the settings http://192.168.1.1/ and click connect every day I want to go onto the net. What settings do I have to change so I don't have to do this!

Nothing you can do, is a known firmware issue

You can try different version but you will need to contact BT for that.

What's your firmware version? 3.63?

You can download some of them of their website

Yes mine is 3.63, is there a newer one I thought this was the newest one out there. This is a big issue isn't it??
    In advance settings there is a thing called
    DHCP Server On

Start IP:192.168.1.2

End IP:192.168.1.254

Lease Time: 1days hours minutes

Should I change the lease time?? or am i barking up the wrong tree....

Yes mine is 3.63, is there a newer one I thought this was the newest one out there. This is a big issue isn't it??
    In advance settings there is a thing called
    DHCP Server On

Start IP:192.168.1.2

End IP:192.168.1.254

Lease Time: 1days hours minutes

Should I change the lease time?? or am i barking up the wrong tree....

Unfortunately yes. You can either try v3.62 or the latest one v3.64T unfortunately the last one is only accessible through Tech-Support so you are better off trying this link:

http://www.iol.ie/~drivers/upgrade2110.html

That's for v3.62. Should do the trick

i've downgraded to 3.62 so fingers crossed . Can anyone confirm that this will work and when will BT update this firmware ??

• Advertisement

i've downgraded to 3.62 so fingers crossed . Can anyone confirm that this will work and when will BT update this firmware ??

You tell us! ;)

BT will have to update their firmware for their voyagers as v3.62 is not TR069 compatible whether v3.63 and 3.64x are.

I'd assume they are testing it, although you never know for how long they will be using those voyagers for... they might change brands in the future!

it's still not working does anyone have a similar problem? and the solution ;) Do I need to change any settings? even though i can get on the net...

it's still not working does anyone have a similar problem? and the solution ;) Do I need to change any settings? even though i can get on the net...

The last thing you can do is downgrade to version 3.01(x). That version is the most reliable one for this causes but If that doesnt work then the only solution I am afraid will be to get rid of that router.

Unfortunately, the only way to get that version is to call BT. Give it a try, they might send it to you.

This is it a firmware problem and the root of the problem is noise, 99.9% of the times caused by a dodgy internal wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭jayflame

I could not see anyone stating what problems they were having with their Voyager 2110's, apart from someone having to log into it & connecting.

Anyone care to share any further issues.

Firmware I have found is the main one.

Follow the link supplied by Bohrio, that normally resolves most issues.

Otherwise, post a reply with your symptoms.

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Thanks for all of the replies.

My 2110 uses firmware v3.62 and is now connected to Imagine. It was just a case of editing the existing connection (BT) - changing the username and password. All of the other settings were AFAIK the same. Modem connected within seconds and is working well.

E

Advertisement