Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cottage cheese

• 14-04-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where would be the best and cheapest place to buy this, I only rally shop in dunnes, and i have only seen one varity. Tescos? Lidi?:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I get mine in lidl. They only sell plain and low fat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 scquinn

Lidl have it for either 59/ 69 cent and its lovely, dunnes and tesco have it for nearly double that price. I prefer the lidl one than the yoplait one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

:pac:Thanks for the info guys
    i sent like 2.50 for a pot in dunnes yesterday, wasnt amused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Lidl for me. JC in Swords have some other kind right now, can't remember the name, but very nice, and come in 125g and 250g pots.

Stick with the plain ones and flavour them yourself if you want to tart them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

I like the onion and chive low fat cottage cheese in aldi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

EileenG wrote: »
    Lidl for me. JC in Swords have some other kind right now, can't remember the name, but very nice, and come in 125g and 250g pots.

Stick with the plain ones and flavour them yourself if you want to tart them up.

what flavours would you use with plain cottage cheese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I love chocolate, so I'll often make a smooth paste with leftover coffee and cocoa powder and a little sweetener, then blend my cottage cheese with some of that. Blend till the curbs are gone, then leave to chill for an hour in the fridge, and you'd never know it was cottage cheese.

I also sometimes blend it with some half made sugar-free jelly, then add some ice, blend again and you get a very fluffy dessert.

Sugar-free cordials and juices are handy for this too.

Advertisement