Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBLA Amazon help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Fol20 wrote: »
    Amazon now allows you buy arcade games.I tried to buy pacman ce off it there and it says it cant due to my geographic position.I was wondering do any of ye know how to get around this.Like since its a digital delivery you would think that they would allow you.

http://www.amazon.com/Pac-Man-C-E-Online-Game-Xbox-360/dp/B001LRQ956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239731078&sr=1-1
    :pac: . . . . . .
    Is the game any cheaper buying it off Amazon? If not, then the hassle mightn't be worth it really - why not just download it from the Xbox?

Anyway. I haven't tried this, but have heard of others doing the following to get around the shipping restrictions.

1. Set up a shipping address in your address book on Amazon for an address based in the States. If you don't have any relatives over there, you can use the old favourite - Beverly Hills, California, 90210 (yep - it's a real zip code, and not just a cheesy TV show :)).
    2. When you are ordering the XBLA Code, select this as your shipping address. It shouldn't matter because it's a digital distribution, they're not going to ship anything physically to the address.
    3. The code should be delivered to you by e-mail, and you can redeem it on the XBox or http://marketplace.xbox.com.

Anyway, like I said, I haven't actually done this before so I can't guarantee that it will work but it really sounds like it should.

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Pacman ce is 4e on Amazon,thats the main reason im tryin to get it.I tried a spoof address in Alaska and also the LA one.Both dont work.I dont understand why they have restrictions on it since its a code that can be bought in europe as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hmmm ... Maybe they have it tied in to the Credit Card location also. The same way you can't buy MS Points for a US Account if you Credit Card is based outside the US...?

Advertisement