Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies, do you wear skirts/dresses

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I wear trousers about once a month!

Don't wear dresses much, but I live in skirts. Have about 30 of them - everything from denim to schoolgirl! haha :)
    Wear them all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

I love skirts and dresses but I've never found a dress that really suits me, I have an "apple" shape (I tend to gain weight on my middle and have skinny legs) though I'm not over weight(not skinny either) I think emipire dresses make me look pregnant and anything with a belt cuts me in half I'm 5ft 2in Skinny jeans suit me because my legs look longer in them but I am sick wearing jeans and trousers on nights out can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Aoife9 wrote: »
    I love skirts and dresses but I've never found a dress that really suits me, I have an "apple" shape (I tend to gain weight on my middle and have skinny legs) though I'm not over weight(not skinny either) I think emipire dresses make me look pregnant and anything with a belt cuts me in half I'm 5ft 2in Skinny jeans suit me because my legs look longer in them but I am sick wearing jeans and trousers on nights out can anyone help?

A wrap dress in a solid colour is very flattering on the more petite girl, and the draped front is forgiving to the tummy area. Only wear with heels greater than 4 cm's though.

Can look a bit formal if you don't funk up the accessories too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

I really like skirts / dresses but actually rarely wear them.

i think the main problem is I never seem to have the right shoes to go with them. Like going to a wedding or something I'd wear nice heels with a dress but I'd feel to dressed up going to work like that. I like wearing skirts with flip flops for a casual look in the summer but the old legs need a lot of preparation (defuzzin, tanning) beforehand so unless you know the day will be sunny I never seem to be prepared with the unpredictable Irish weather :rolleyes:

For a kind of 'inbetween' work look I wouldn't know which shoes to wear. My legs are quite skinny so I find it hard to get knee high boots to fit snugly (they look like wellies on me) so apart from high heels or flip flops I'd find it hard to find nice shoes.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

i love love love skirts and dresses...

i rarely wear jeans except my skinny jeans... and trousers are usually only for work even then i like to wear skirts the odd time in work...

i agree with a previous poster i just would not feel quite right if i went out in a pair of jeans and a top... though admittedly there are nights i felt too dressed...

i know some people dont like wearing skirts/dresses because they feel so white ( i will not wear a skirt or dress without leggings or black tights unless i have tan tights or tan on)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I love skirts, but most of them I've seen lately seem to be all puffball ones :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

yeah the puffball one annoy me :( im to short to wear them , they make me look like a mushroom! ha

love love love dresses, havent wore jeans or trousers on a night out in well years... always dresses cause like someone said instant outfit :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tupins wrote: »

For a kind of 'inbetween' work look I wouldn't know which shoes to wear. My legs are quite skinny so I find it hard to get knee high boots to fit snugly (they look like wellies on me) so apart from high heels or flip flops I'd find it hard to find nice shoes.:confused:

Boots that you pull on rather than zip up might be something to try as they tend to be quite tight fitting on your legs, and some of them are elasticated. (the ones that are made of fabric.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

I never wear skirts or dresses, I'm told that's why I don't have a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

trish990 wrote: »
    I never wear skirts or dresses, I'm told that's why I don't have a man.

Ha ha brilliant, that is so something my grandmother would have said :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

I dont like wearing them as I am a tomboy and live in jeans.

My boyfriend though is a leg man and has persuaded me to try a few, which I do for him at home but I wont be caught dead in Ireland in public in a skirt!!!

If we are abroad somewhere sunny, maybe a casual denim mini, no frills though!

My Mother once forced me to wear a dress at a Christening as I was Godmother, I was mortified, felt like a sap! After the church I sneaked off and changed back to jeans. An old man who we know told me off about it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

wear mostly trousers,
    then skirts
    occassionally dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Dudess wrote: »
    During colder months I live in skirts and black tights, during warmer weather I wear light trousers or long skirts. My legs are a good shape but they're sickly pale and don't tan, so my bare legs just don't actually look good.

you know, i thought that my legs were untannable for a good ten years... turns out they just needed more exposure to real sunlight. the bloody things have not only acquired a tan, and dramatic tanline (mostly from my short sleeve/leg wetsuit), but the damned things have freckled up as well! i genuinely didnt think it was possible at this late stage in life!

but yes. skirts are not so bad. comfortable. just that im so tomboyish that i get waaaaayyy too much attention on the odd odd odd occasion that i wear them that it's really not worth the hassle. done it twice in the last 4 years. actually, both of them were in the last 15months, once at a wedding, once as a challenge/dare thing for our work dinner thing at a posh restaurant.

dresses, no.

Advertisement