Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swiss alpine marathon (powerade challenge)

• 14-04-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi
    Saw this on the add on the t.v. Its on July 26th. Was wondering if anyone here has done it before and would like to review it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

mick kk wrote: »
    Hi
    Saw this on the add on the t.v. Its on July 26th. Was wondering if anyone here has done it before and would like to review it. Thanks

The feckers binned all of us, they said we were too experienced that's a joke;) To be fair to them a rep posted here saying they where looking for people with zero marathon experience IIRC. However, I still thought it was a rip and still get jealous when I see the ads on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

its too late now to enter with the powerade crowd alright. I was looking for a marathon to do at end of july and was thinking of doing it myself. Have 4 marathons under my belt and was thinking of doing this. Seems like the altitute and hills may be very challenging. Was wondering if anyone ever did it before committing financially to it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Odysseus wrote: »
    still get jealous when I see the ads on TV.

Me too :(

One of the guys that won a place registered here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Me too :(

One of the guys that won a place registered here too.

Ah well I would be happy for the individual, however I don't buy powerade any more:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Knowning of people who have done it, am a bit surprised they didn't take people with at least one or two marathons under their belt.

But suppose with the right support shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Going from zero running to an alpine marathon in the time given is going to be very hard. Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They seem to get a lot of support. They have a personal trainer, all got V02max tests etc., and a truck-load of Powerade (not sure if this is a good thing?!). They completed the GreatRun recently, in times from 47-55 mins (if I remember correctly), so a good ways to go yet.

Advertisement