Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka or sako opticlocks

Options
  • 14-04-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Lads im looking to get some tikka opticlocks and bases for my tikka t3 lite, anyone no of a dealer who does mail order or websites based in Ireland or the U.K who sell them. Am starting 8 nights tomorrow night so it would be nice to order them and hopefully have them by next thursday when im finished night duty. Any help would be great..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Try Brian Duffy in Galway @ www.shoot.ie, I know he sells / stocks Sako items and rifles.

Jim Griffin in Rahan, The Tackle Shop also has Sako bits & pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

V Bull wrote: »
    Try Brian Duffy in Galway @ www.shoot.ie, I know he sells / stocks Sako items and rifles.

Jim Griffin in Rahan, The Tackle Shop also has Sako bits & pieces

Cheers V bull never thought of duffys and would you believe it I was just looking at his site. I think i just had a Homer Simpson moment "Doe" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Try Stakelums, now in Thurles only, I was looking at sets of the Optiloc bases @€;85 and rings @€;75 on Saturday.

Give Sean a bell on 087 4131799 or 056 8831018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i would not like the opticlock mounts i have warne on my T3 and 75 .

i had the opticlock and they came loose at the wrong times ,i started using warne 12 or so years ago and never had a problem

jwshooter wrote: »

i had the opticlock and they came loose at the wrong times ,i started using warne 12 or so years ago and never had a problem

JW
    I'm getting a Sako 75 and need 30mm mounts what Warne mounts did you get and could you post a link as to where I can get any.

Clive....

• Advertisement

www.warnescopemounts.com

the fixed rings clive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

a small drop of blue loctite should sort that. not too much now, nobody likes a pigrooter :D

in fairness, they're a good system. there's nothing as bad as ring marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

CJ
    IOR make a Sako-Picatinny conversion base,not sure who deals here but Boarder B's in Uk
    KKK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tommym

hi clive,
    iv'e a set of warne 30 mm mounts never used, still in box for sale if your interested.
    tommy, belfast.

• Advertisement

tommym wrote: »
    hi clive,
    iv'e a set of warne 30 mm mounts never used, still in box for sale if your interested.
    tommy, belfast.

Very intrested in those mounts. I'll PM you about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

i ordered a set of warne steel bases and fixed rings last night from sportsmanguncentre £15 for the bases and £35 for the rings, good value

i ordered a set of warne steel bases and fixed rings last night from sportsmanguncentre £15 for the bases and £35 for the rings, good value

Are they for the tappered dovetail on the Sako's and can you please post a link to those items sixpointfive.

Clive

i got them for steyr but can be got for any gun, i got the optilock mounts for my sako 85 off them in january for half what they are here,also got spare mag. Great to deal with.
    http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/products/Accessories_Optics+Accessories/pagestart/0/

eek,:rolleyes: it was actually 25 for the bases and 36 for the rings but still way cheaper than here.

what scope are you going to use clive ,i will price them for you

what scope are you going to use clive ,i will price them for you

Thanks JW I'm getting this scope.

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50.
    The same as I have now on my 223 CZ varmint. Already bought it but still to pay for.
    426245T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

clivej wrote: »
    JW
    I'm getting a Sako 75 and need 30mm mounts what Warne mounts did you get and could you post a link as to where I can get any.

Clive....

I,ve got a set of warne tacticals for my T3. They are very user friendly and hold up well too .308 recoil. the only thing is, you would need to install a weaver rail.

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Thanks for the help lads, have some on order there not cheap but if they do what there suppose to do well thats ok...

Advertisement