Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 waiting times? Help! Have I left it late?

• 14-04-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

What are the typical waiting times for the US embassy to issue a J1 after the interview?

Story is, second week of June I have a job lined up.
    But they need to check references first, which I have yet to get (start of next week at the earliest)
    My passport (irish) is just about up so I've just sent it off for postal express replacement so it will probably be 2 weeks before i get it back

The job are sponsoring my J1 visa so will need to send me a DS2019 form after I fill out my details with them, so allowing 5 working days for delivery, we're talking 3 weeks before I can even apply for my embassy interview. (5 May)

What's the likelihood I'll have my passport and J1 back by the first week of June?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Should be alright. I think it only takes 2-3 weeks max to get your visa/passport back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

lol that's good

don't want to be left footing the cost of the visa without a job at the end of it!

Advertisement