Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Coke Ban thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh lord save us from student politics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Normally I'm like that, but I've been following that thread with a mixture and snark and indignation. I think the entire argument in bollocks to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seems banned not so much for making a second thread to add a poll, but for implying that the mod was a fool. Several times. Also not winning himself any praise by quoting scripture in a coke debate (wtf?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The user in question was previously banned for posting abusive comments. He was allowed back after he agreed to be civil. He demonstrated he couldn't control himself in relation to this topic and has been banned for approximately 3 days. Those with access to ban histories can confirm this.

Futhermoore, This chap and this chap appear to be returning site banned users.

I see the Gestapo has been hard at work.

• Advertisement

All your Anne Frank's are belong to us.

Have you uncovered any more evidence yet?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Given the number of reported posts I've gotten from that forum for the duration of the SU election campaigns, I've been tempted to disallow discussion of SU campaigns on the TCD forum. I'd the same problem with UCD SU elections another year and since I took those kinds of measures, the SU elections there cause almost no issues.

There's nothing ridiculous about banning someone who's clearly losing the head over what is essentially a very minor issue. No matter who gets elected to the SU, the culture is so institutionalised that nothing ever changes; they always do the same things - fight fees, ban coke, ban nestlé, ban <insert next multinational that does something immoral> and they do it in the exact same way - student protest marches, angry letters, tiny column-inches in a national paper, get drunk, find new cause.

Mneh. Lock down, to be honest.

Denerick wrote: »

I'm not going to comment any further.

If only that were true

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59824655&postcount=226

Personally I'd ban you for deliberately and continuously dragging the thread off-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I'm not going to comment any further. I'm sure Boston and his motley crew will be along soon enough to shout down any reasonable comments.
    I see the Gestapo has been hard at work.
    The irony...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Boston wrote: »
    All your Anne Frank's are belong to us.
    This is the most insensitive thing I have yet seen on Boards.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can't believe this thread got Godwin'd after just 6 posts.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement