Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power cuts

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Anyone know what is going on with all the power cuts in Swords/Malahide in the past few weeks? There's another one at the moment (since around 8pm) just as Liverpool scrored their first goal!

I am aware of three in the last few weeks, all around the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Which part of swords? The area im in wasnt effected

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I'm in Kinsealy Court (Feltrim). I presume it is probably the Malahide end of Swords. Off for 3 hours last night, in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Steveirl

Its a disgrace so it is, thats 3 power cuts in the last month.
    Im going to write a strongly worded letter to my local TD to ask if he knows of any reasoning what so ever why this is occuring.

here here:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    Which part of swords? The area im in wasnt effected

according to the ESB recorded message:
    Kinsealy
    Feltrim
    Seabury
    Malahide Road
    Malahide Village
    Swords

But Airside was ok last night as was areas in Feltrim, other areas like Holywell (between Airside and Drynam/feltrim) had no power

I'd say there was sone severly p'd off football watchers last night

yes DADE like meself, i was very pi**ed off when Liverpool just scored the power went, perfect timing and me looking forward to this game all day.

I had to go to the pub to watch it.
    Hilarious though when it went and i left the house i must have seen another 4 neighbours leaving too to go out and watch it :)

Its a farce though that it has gone 3 times in the space of a month !!

I'd say your man who runs the holywell message boards is not too happy about it lol !! cant think of the eejits name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Sounds to me like your pub owner is in cahoots with the ESB!

A fantastic way of forcing a sense of community if you don't mind me saying. More of this..

Steveirl wrote: »

I'd say your man who runs the holywell message boards is not too happy about it lol !! cant think of the eejits name

the incident happened on a different messaging forum and bring it up hear is kind pointless and IMO childish coz it really has nothing to do with people on boards now does it.

this was posted on a different website:

ESB have explained that there is a fault in a major line supplying Malahide and Kinsealy, in the Melrose Park area, and they are replacing the faulty line as and when a fault develops.

They have now replaced 3 parts of the line and can give no guarantee that it will not happen again in the near future.

dont't know where the poster got his info from, just thought i'd pass it on

Fair play to lad in the ESB he got back to me today about the Power Cuts in Swords. he left his number with me also in case i wanted to get onto him.

On behalf of ESB, I apologise for the disruption and inconvenience arising from the electricity supply interruptions on the 19th & 24th March .and again last night 14/4/09. These were due to faults on 10kv cables in the Kinsealy area.

On the first two occasions a section of the cable in Kinsealy Downs failed. This section has now been replaced and the network restored to normal. The more recent was on a different section of cable close to Melrose Court.

This section of cable has been disconnected from the system until we establish the reason for the failure and if need be it will be replaced.

In the meantime I have taken steps to supply as many customers in the area as possible from other sources until we have carried out what system improvement work that is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Tuesday afternoon, there was no electricity for a couple of hours. Apparently a "fault on the line".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Steveirl wrote: »
    Fair play to lad in the ESB he got back to me today about the Power Cuts in Swords. he left his number with me also in case i wanted to get onto him.

On behalf of ESB, I apologise for the disruption and inconvenience arising from the electricity supply interruptions on the 19th & 24th March .and again last night 14/4/09. These were due to faults on 10kv cables in the Kinsealy area.

On the first two occasions a section of the cable in Kinsealy Downs failed. This section has now been replaced and the network restored to normal. The more recent was on a different section of cable close to Melrose Court.

This section of cable has been disconnected from the system until we establish the reason for the failure and if need be it will be replaced.

In the meantime I have taken steps to supply as many customers in the area as possible from other sources until we have carried out what system improvement work that is required.

Got a similar reply by phone from the ESB. Apparently there were rotting cables (!) which have been isolated. Interesting that it took them 3 goes to get it right.
    dade wrote: »
    according to the ESB recorded message:
    Kinsealy
    Feltrim
    Seabury
    Malahide Road
    Malahide Village
    Swords

But Airside was ok last night as was areas in Feltrim, other areas like Holywell (between Airside and Drynam/feltrim) had no power

I'd say there was sone severly p'd off football watchers last night

Malahide Village and everywhere east of Millview Road were fine, I took a drive around. First time, Pavilions and Swords Village were also fine so I can only assume the same was the case the second and third times given it was the same fault, or the same area where the fault occurred...

Bloody computer nearly didn't boot after the last one.

what really annoys me is they will wait for a fault to fix it. if it's bad cable then replace it already

Advertisement