Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig Complete DVD set or Trilogy?

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all! I recently got into ghost in the shell. It seems pretty cool so thought of getting the complete series (1st and 2nd gig) but something i wanted to know is whats the difference between the trilogy and 2nd gig box set?

The episodes that I'm watching on Anime Central now are meant to be from 2nd gig but the main subject these days is the Individual 11 but what I noticed about the trilogy is that it includes the Individual 11 episodes but isn't it from 2nd gig?

So, ultimately, what I wanted to ask is are they any different from each other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

If you buy the 2nd GIG you have all the episodes.

If you buy individual Eleven, they just stuck all the story line episodes together removing any episodes that don't mention the individual eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

K, great :). What about Solid State Society and Laughing man?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

same for the laughing man - its season one compressed and different voice actors in some cases.

SSS is a movie set after these events so if you go ether route you should get it

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

K, thanks for that info :). I'm glad I don't have to get the trilogy. Just wondering though, has it stopped after 2nd gig or still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

Stopped after the 2nd gig and solid state. there was talk about another movie to help lead it into the GITS original movie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement