Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2009 intake

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey

Anyone on this going down for phase 1

Cant wait for it

If so anyone heading down for the friday??

Also to anyone that has completed phase one whats involved??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

Hey

QUOTE]

1. innercitydub1
    2. lehanemore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭innercitydub1

Good to hear

have you been informed of when phase 2 will begin after the weekends introduction??????

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

Hey

Cant wait for it

If so anyone heading down for the friday??

Also to anyone that has completed phase one whats involved??

hey yes i am going down on friday after work because its an early start on saturday and staying in the college

hey how many people will be starting on saturday in templemore for the reserve and is there many people going down from dublin

Hey paul blog no not sure how many is heading down

And yes im one from dublin havent heard of anyone else heading down from dublin

• Advertisement

feel free to add yer name to the list

1. innercitydub1
    2. lehanemore
    3. paulblog

when did you do the medical i dunno if i done it wit u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

yup headin up from cork on the friday night early start sat mornin :pac:

1. innercitydub1
    2. lehanemore
    3. paulblog
    4. da__flash

da__flash wrote: »
    yup headin up from cork on the friday night early start sat mornin :pac:

1. innercitydub1
    2. lehanemore
    3. paulblog
    4. da__flash

do you know if many are startin on saturday.

di u do the medical with me there in Garda HQ. were you the guy gettin the bus back down. think i was talkin to you that day there was a guy from donegal too with us??

no i did my medical on the 25th of feb but i got deferrd to the april intake becuase i had laser eye surgery done and i ad to have a six week check up... when did u do ur med??:D

• Advertisement

Hey

no i done my medical today have to get everything sorted for friday.

Is there anybody driving down friday evening or friday night from dublin

Will pay for petrol money

Still on my learner license and dont have the slightest where it is.

If nobody is driving down how far away is the train station from the college

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

paulbolg wrote: »
    when did you do the medical i dunno if i done it wit u
    no i did my medical on the 25th of feb but i got deferrd to the april intake becuase i had laser eye surgery done and i ad to have a six week check up... when did u do ur med??:D

Folks,
    I know both of ye are new but text speak is not allowed on boards.ie

Nog

Train station is about a mile from the college

Thanks for the info Nog

Would anyone have a number of a taxi service near the train station

Hey

no i done my medical today have to get everything sorted for friday.

Is there anybody driving down friday evening or friday night from dublin

Will pay for petrol money

Still on my learner license and dont have the slightest where it is.

i am driving down from dublin later today where abouts in dublin are you

i done my medical on the 1st of april

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

To all the new Reserve Recruits heading down this week-end - Sincere best of luck, hope you all have a great time :D

Hey Paul Blog

Living in City Centre just off pearse st garda station if thats any help

what time will you be going down for??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

da_Flash,

What were the eyesight requirements for the medical?

Hows things...... the vision requirments are as follow the vision standard required of a Garda reserve is not less than 6/18, 6/18 (correctable to 6/9, 6/12) unaided by glasses or contact lenses, with normal colour vision... what this basically means is you have to be able to read as far as the 3rd last line on an eyechart:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

When you say correctable can you wear glasses during the test
    Hows things...... the vision requirments are as follow the vision standard required of a Garda reserve is not less than 6/18, 6/18 (correctable to 6/9, 6/12) unaided by glasses or contact lenses, with normal colour vision... what this basically means is you have to be able to read as far as the 3rd last line on an eyechart:D

• Advertisement

Well folks any feedback from the week-end? Were you all given the same talk as the full-timers about internet forums/websites :eek: :D:confused:

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Well folks any feedback from the week-end?

Gravy

The Gravy

I've never experienced anything like it!

You don't know what real gravy is until you've had your meat, spuds, veggies, plate, tray, knife + fork, serviette etc smothered in it in tipp :D

can't wait to go back, I want to try it on the boiled egg next time:P

lehanemore wrote: »
    Gravy

The Gravy

You don't know what real gravy is until you've had your meat, spuds, veggies, plate, tray, knife + fork, serviette etc smothered in it in tipp :D

so the food is top-notch then :D Were their many reserves-in-training there over the week-end? ratio of male : female ?

lehanemore wrote: »
    Gravy

The Gravy

the gravy???
    i dunno about the gravy or even the food there beacuse its a kind of scarce for the breakfast like. at least the shops are not too far away for a good roll and the chipper for dinner beacuse their dinner was at 1.30 like come on your starvin come 6 again. but i thought the training in the classes were very good. loved the selfdefence classes!!!! brilliant craic and great group down there last weekend.

i think there was something like 40 odd of us there i think someone else could give a proper figure. in the DMR district there is 20-23 of us and there 4 girls and in templemore i think there 12?? maybe a few more. but i can tell you the would beat any fella any day. great people there and you get to know alot more about them throughout the course and meeting up after the day. i suppose you could say people kind of form groups amongst themselves. cant wait until we go back down again. the only downer was the rooms itself. but once a bed was there that was all you wanted

billyhead wrote: »
    When you say correctable can you wear glasses during the test

no u cant wear your glassess during the test you have to take them off an hour before hand.. But when they say correctable they mean wat is your prescription on your glasses like:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Commish

Hi all,
    Just seeing all your messages now. I was on the Induction training last weekend it was great as you will probably all agree. Any word when your 56 hours legal studies is starting??

Commish wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just seeing all your messages now. I was on the Induction training last weekend it was great as you will probably all agree. Any word when your 56 hours legal studies is starting??

Ya that was one of the best weekends i have ever had:D starting phase 2 now on sunday so roll on phase 3 :D;)

so lads how s phase 2 of trainin going for ye??
    Any ideas of when we are going back ta mentalmore:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Commish

Ive heard nothing else about our return to the other side yet. Im expecting either the last weekend in June or the first weekend in July. Cant wait for it anyhow. Ive done a few sessions of phase 2 and im lovin it. How you gettin on with it?

Advertisement