Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Crazy!

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Is it just me or has the number of souped-up cars with super-loud exhausts tearing up and down the Charlesland/Farankelly Roads increased exponentially in the last few weeks? I even have a vague memories of being woken at 4am a couple of times hearing a car engine literally screaming it was revving so high followed by what sounded like a 10-minute long donut?! Whats going on?!?! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

They've always been there. I've a lovely neighbout who parks below my window and revs for about 10 mins before he leaves. And before someone tells me to talk to him, I looked out one day to see who it was and when they saw me looking out they reved louder.

Personally I don't understand the attraction to these cars? I know I'll get the face bitten off me, but do they want to look like scumbags:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

wingding wrote: »
    They've always been there. I've a lovely neighbout who parks below my window and revs for about 10 mins before he leaves. And before someone tells me to talk to him, I looked out one day to see who it was and when they saw me looking out they reved louder.

Personally I don't understand the attraction to these cars? I know I'll get the face bitten off me, but do they want to look like scumbags:confused:
    They think they're individuals.

Just like everyone with a rice-rocket does.

Maybe this will cheer you up!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

there was a stolen honda civic flying around at 4am a few weeks ago, i reckon that was the one the op heard. it was seriously loud, i could hear it going up the farrenkelly road from cl grove. it was crashed in tallaght then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

They think they're individuals.

Maybe this will cheer you up!

Lol that would break the windows never mind wake me. :D Thank god i dont live next door to that!

Cheers for link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

"They think they're individuals.

Maybe this will cheer you up! "

I also go along with the theory that these guys have a lot to prove, its a replacement for a lack in the eh, trouser deparment. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Dead right Maisy.

Hear these guys on the SAR quite a bit in the wee hours of the morning. Now I know this sounds like a stupid question, but what happens if you come across these idiots when driving?. Has anyone had the experience? I presume they dont drive on the right side of the road even, do they make any effort to avoid other road users or do they just go hell for leather and hope no one comes at them in the other direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

There is one culprit in particular that should be shown the error in his ways..........mr red Honda Civic im talking to you!!!:pac:

Advertisement