Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs

Options
  • 14-04-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Ok I'm doing an assignment on supermacs. I have to create an organisational chart of the management structure. Anyone got any clue who's on the boards of management?? I've got a few names already but i'm stumped!! If pat mcdonagh uses boards and wants to send me an oul PM...that'd be great.

For privacy reasons, may i suggest that anyone who knows who's who on the board pm me, maybe just throwing their names out their isnt the just thing to do. Any help would be great :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

well there's the guy who runs the super macs on the aran islands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Could you not go into an outlet and ask to speak to the manager and see if you could get information from him/her?

http://www.cro.ie/search/companyindexe.asp search for supermac -then pay the fee. Not sure exactly what you get for your money but it should be interesting.

You could always ask directly - a letter with limited, well defined questions, or a chat with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If you go in, will you for the LOVE OF GOD order a codburger?
    The only thing I like in there and they are gone from nearly every shop in the country, because, as a source told me 'nobody buys them'. SAVE THE CODBURGER.
    Cross St does them because it's quirky and 'a few customers still order them' (we're not talking snuff boxes here people).

If you do order one, be prepared for a look of horror on the face of the cashier, and the ominous "it will take seven minutes". Just smile, and then they will wander off, confused as to why you would even think of doing this awful quest of a deed as to order a ....codburger.

Nyom Nyom!

never tried it, will get one tomorrow

• Advertisement

Mind yourself! They're as hot as the McD's deathly apple pies were in the '80s!:eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I suggest you ring their Head Office and make an appointment to meet someone there. I am not sure how it is structured but it might be broken down into:
    Supermacs
    Supermacs that are franchised
    Papa Johns

If you have no luck with the Head Office take this route:

http://www.cro.ie/search/companyindexe.asp search for supermac -then pay the fee.
    It will contain the list of Directors but I would not be suprised if the company is split into differnet ones.

in college, you're not going to be marked on knowing their names..? surely if you're creating an organisational chart, you can call them whatever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

sgthighway wrote: »
    I suggest you ring their Head Office and make an appointment to meet someone there.

Is everyone in your class doing Supermacs? If so, they may get a little peeved if they get 30+ requests for a meeting! ;)

Do you need to do Supermacs? Is there any business that you know more about to start with? Or perhaps that someone among your family/friends can tell you about?

jaysus them cod burgers are daycent loike

• Advertisement

towel401 wrote: »
    jaysus them cod burgers are daycent loike

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

inisboffin wrote: »
    Mind yourself! They're as hot as the McD's deathly apple pies were in the '80s!:eek::p

Ha ha ha, ordered 2 last night from the drive-thru in Westside. Waited the 7 minutes and when they were given to me the dude warned me they were hot and not to open for a few minutes. I didn't listen of course and this morning have the scars to prove it. Well worth it though, apple pies rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gotta get me one of them Cod Burgers, didn't even know they existed. I haven't ordered fish in Supermacs since they moved to the "improved" batter and put the price up a year or 2 ago, preferred the old stuff myself, fish box and a tub of garlic <drools>. I always thought there was something different about that Cross St Supermacs, they still serve chips in plastic tubs when all the rest moved to the paper cartons that impart a taste of cardboard to the chips down the bottom years ago, also they're the only ones in the country still doing the €4 double cheeseburger meal, the rest would want to cop on seeing as you can get that same meal for €3.50 in Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

dogburgers ftw

I'm actually thinking of moving to Korea and setting up a fast food joint in Pusan or somewhere on Geoje Island called "Korea Fried Dog". As a KFC spoof, bringing dog meat into the modern fast food world because its acceptable to eat dog there.

I've been to Okpo and walking around there was already like being in a "B"-side video game that couldnt get product placement so KFD would fit right in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

chrussell wrote: »
    Ok I'm doing an assignment on supermacs. I have to create an organisational chart of the management structure. Anyone got any clue who's on the boards of management?? I've got a few names already but i'm stumped!! If pat mcdonagh uses boards and wants to send me an oul PM...that'd be great.

For privacy reasons, may i suggest that anyone who knows who's who on the board pm me, maybe just throwing their names out their isnt the just thing to do. Any help would be great :D

ahh, i doubt your assignment is about who is on the board of management, it probably has to be a kind of pyramid structure of the board of managers/staff.

eg.

Owner
    General Manager
    Day Manager Night Manager
    Supervisors/assistant manager Supervsors/assistant Managers

this might give you a better idea.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=qrIDjEIXBfoC&pg=PA86&lpg=PA86&dq=management+pyramid+chart+restaurant&source=bl&ots=1xNTtxr7nv&sig=cba20CyObs-rSSbor9TIBXc0Or4&hl=en&ei=tAUSSqWcOdzG-QaHnOWkDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7#PPA87,M1

You will probably need to add in people like Security, stock controller, cleaners etc.

Advertisement