Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potty Training

Options
  • 14-04-2009 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey all,

I have a two & a half year old little boy! I have introduced the idea of the potty as he always told me when he was wet n when he is doing a 'stinky' as he calls it so i know he is ready!! However he will run to particular spots in the house and do his business there :eek:!! maybe i am not doing it right any ideas or help appreciated!!!!:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Awww bless him!

Could you introduce a star chart to him, explain that he needs to do his stuff in the potty and everytime he does he get a star on the chart. I also used a book of stickers, and my son would stick one of these on his potty also.

If he gets X amount of stars by teatime then give him a treat (although this wasnt needed because my little fella was just soo delighted with his stickers!)

Alternativly, could you put the potty in the spot he likes to go to? Is this spot away from people, I have known children to hide to do their poo (even in a nappy) because they like privacy, this could be a factor!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Is he telling you when its already done? or when he is about to do it? The difference in those questions could mean the difference in whether he is ready or not.

Knowing that he has a wet or dirty nappy is not necessarily the same as being ready to be potty trained, as he needs to recognise the urge to go, rather than realise he has gone. Also, boys are usually later, around 3. But thats not to say that your little fella isn't ready:)

Its normal for them to hide when they are filling a nappy btw, most kids do it and its just a bit of privacy.

Advertisement